Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaking from the top of my diaper at night?

Question Leaking from the top of my diaper at night?

I woke up today and a couple nights before because the bottom of my shirt had gotten wet. Though i'm not a real bed wetter or anything, I guess lately i've been wetting without control when my body is in diapers at night, and when this happens the top of my diaper gets a little loose and my shirt has a tendency to go inside, sometimes it's enough to leak down to my shorts. My boy parts are pointing down and these diapers aren't cheap (Bambinos)

I wake up absolutely soaked, diaper and clothes This is not going to be fun if i'm really actually going to become a bedwetter without control XD

Quote Originally Posted by az86 View Post
    Is the diaper on correctly?
    Absolutely, the diaper does fine when I control how often I wet or how I move about, but when I sleep I tend to toss and turn a little bit or squirm around and I don't know how much I wet or how fast I do when i'm asleep

Could it be that the tape to the diaper come off something when you sleep? have you tried a booster? So that the diaper can absorb more.

Some sort of wick effect may be occurring. Maybe try plastic pants to prevent leaks, or try changing your sleeping position. Sleeping on your side may help.

And if you are worried about getting clothes wet you could just sleep naked.

you might also try a onesie. They tend to keep your diaper a little more secure.

Try using a stuffer for more absorbancy, and don't wear a shirt to bed if it gets caught in your diaper.

You should try adding a little extra help to the tapes to keep them from moving, put a small piece of duct tape over the top tapes, or all of the tapes, to keep them from moving.

You can also try folding the top of the diaper inward creating a cuff

How wet are you when you go to bed? If it's soaked already it's going to leak, but anyway once it's soaked it can wick out even if you don't wet it any more.

Worth getting a bed protector or get some of those disposable bed pads. Pampers do them as does Huggies (in Goodnites/Drynites brand), but then if you soak every night you wear them, it'll get expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    How wet are you when you go to bed? If it's soaked already it's going to leak, but anyway once it's soaked it can wick out even if you don't wet it any more.

Worth getting a bed protector or get some of those disposable bed pads. Pampers do them as does Huggies (in Goodnites/Drynites brand), but then if you soak every night you wear them, it'll get expensive.
    I goto bed slightly wet because if I goto bed dry, it gets warm and uncomfortable because of the diaper and I won't be able to sleep