Thread: Tranquility line compared to abena!

Default Tranquility line compared to abena!

Okie dokie. Today I got some samples from the Tranquility line of diapers. In sum I received the Tranquility night time pullups (medium), tranquility slimline (medium), and tranquility ATN (Large). I decided that the first thing I should do is take some pics to see "how they stack up" which you can see attached.

My first impression having not worn them yet are that the ATN brief looks like good competition for the abenas. Asside from that the pullups do look thicker than the depends brand. Also the label touts out that there are leak guards. As usual I am anticipating issues with fit in the pull ups.

This is all I've got for now, I am going to start going through them tomorrow, first up most likely being the pull-on. I would like to jump right into the ATN but its supposed to get into the high 80's and since my work is on a loading dock i dont want to sweat my hinney off .

Edit 1: I just tried on the pullups for fit and decided I am going to wear it tonight instead of depending on it tomorow. First wearing impression is that the padding goes far too low for my normal anatomical position. I get the feeling this is going to leak like a sieve. I'll try tonight with plastic pants and update tomorow! Please keep in mind that they do have leak guards.

Edit 2: Wow, of all nights for me not to wet why did it have to be last night haha. I wore the pullups and i have to say they did wayyy better than I expected. This morning since i didnt pee in my sleep i decided to just flood them standing to see how they take it. It took my 1 full flooding with no leaks. The issue i did have its the cloth like cover seems to have gotten rather damp which might be the killer for this diaper. I would say that this is the best pullon ive had but the leakage through the cover i a deal breaker, i dont need diaper rash on my leg lol. Today I will be wearing the slim line and expect to have to change mid morning rather than at lunch like i do with the abenas.

Edit 3: Ok, so i had some intestinal destress today do i didn't get to try out the slim lines like I planned. I am going to go ahead and do that on monday. Have a good weekend all!
    PICS!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0343.jpg 
Views:	1853 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	790   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0342.jpg 
Views:	3051 
Size:	192.8 KB 
ID:	791   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0344.jpg 
Views:	6089 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	792   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0345.jpg 
Views:	8427 
Size:	196.5 KB 
ID:	793   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0346.jpg 
Views:	4414 
Size:	197.3 KB 
ID:	794  

Last edited by maccracker18; 01-May-2010 at 22:39. Reason: addition

Default Slimline And Pull-ups

Ok, so i posted a bit yesterday that I had tried the pullups over night so they're first up.

Name: Tranquility Premium over night disposible underwear.
    Advertised Capacity: 34.0 oz
    Ok, so my first impression of this brief was a bit off. I thought that because its padding didn't go all the way up to the top that it was going to have issues absorbing. Over all it preformed great, even when I flooded it. The main issue I had was that moisture seemed to seep through the outer cover and made my legs very much uncomfortable. If you only had night or day time leaks this would be perfect but if you flood or just go a lot in between uses that could mean problems. One other thing about this one is that its wicking ability is amazing, my wetting soaked it from front almost all the way to the back. I still think that this may be the best pull up i have worn.

Now for the slimline

Name: Tranqulity Slimline Disposable Brief
    Advertised Capacity: 21.4oz

This diaper reminds me of what i remember to be attends. It's thicker than depends and the tape system is a heck of a lot better. I wore these to bed last night with plastic pants over them just because I didn't want to mess up my sheets. Again as with the pullups the wicking ability was amazing, it absorbed all the way from the front and most of the way to the back. I think that these could hold more an the 21oz. They healed though the night and my skin did seem dryer than normal. Also the plastic of these is very soft compared to the abena x-plus in my opinion. It was more of a silky feeling plastic. The big downside to these is that 1. they are really crinkly and 2. they would not make it for the length of wear that I need. If I knew i was going to be home all day or somewhere I could change easily this would be my diaper of choice.

Next up tonight is the Size large ATN. (There might be an issue with these since they are size large instead of medium. Hopefully not though)

Thanks for the informational reviews. Something I notieced about the Slimline is that the plastic is not bonded to the inner fluff, as is the case with most diapers. This makes them considerable crinkly (i like). It also makes them an excellent stuffer, or 'underdiaper' for doubling. The plastic can be easily torn without disrupting the fluff or the polyacrylate crystals. You can put one of these on and tear the plastic backing without ruining the diaper or making a mess. You can then put your favorite diaper over it for a comfy, thick, double diaper. Since the plasted on the 'underdiaper' has been torn moisture will absorb and pass through to the 'outer diaper'.

Been doing this a long time and i have NEVER had a leak.

Ok, So the other night i tried the ATN's and forgot to post. Sorry! Well anyway The absorbancy in the Large is Identical to the medium, all they did was add more plastic. Not much to say about this diaper, it healed its own and im not counting the top leak since it was so big. Personally I still prefer the Abena brand however the whole tranquility line seems to have major advantages in wicking ability... every time i peed it absorbed into the back, something the abenas didn't really do. I think that if they would fix the pullup issue where they leak through the cover they would definatly be my daytime wear... that or the slimlines. For overnight and when im out for long times... its totally going to still be the trusty x-plusses

Quote Originally Posted by puffybottom View Post
    Thanks for the informational reviews. Something I notieced about the Slimline is that the plastic is not bonded to the inner fluff, as is the case with most diapers. This makes them considerable crinkly (i like). It also makes them an excellent stuffer, or 'underdiaper' for doubling. The plastic can be easily torn without disrupting the fluff or the polyacrylate crystals. You can put one of these on and tear the plastic backing without ruining the diaper or making a mess. You can then put your favorite diaper over it for a comfy, thick, double diaper. Since the plasted on the 'underdiaper' has been torn moisture will absorb and pass through to the 'outer diaper'.

Been doing this a long time and i have NEVER had a leak.
    Good observation, I knew that the plastic wasn't bonded on the Slimlines but I never though to use it a a doubler, thanks for the idea.

Do you guys know if the ATN's have the fluff bonded to the plastic?

I just took a look at the one that i have left and it doesn't look like it is.