Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outer Diaper plastic

Default Outer Diaper plastic

I was just wondering how many people out there care about the softness or smoothness of the plastic top sheet on the outside of their diapers. I know this isn't the main reason for buying certain diapers but for me it certainly plays a role.

Absorbancy and comfort are the biggest reason for me. So during the day i use a tena super stretch. When i am at home i like super thick so i use the unique wellness brief most times on top of the tena. This diaper is pretty thick and the outer plastic is really nice. I blame the Attends diapers of the 90's for this lol! I think they had the best outer plastic just like Pampers. Does anyone else consider this when buying/wearing?

Kinda seems like no one cares about it too much...Thanks!

Butterfly Mage

I prefer to have lots of crinkle is at all possible.

Yeah...I love the crinkle too. Mine has to be thick, and crinkly :P

crinkle is always fun ; ) finding thick diapers seems to be harder then i thought at first. don't get me wrong Bambino's are great, but now i am wondering if there are others that are thick and crinkly!?
    (metalmann1983) what do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by ninjagrl View Post
    crinkle is always fun ; ) finding thick diapers seems to be harder then i thought at first. don't get me wrong Bambino's are great, but now i am wondering if there are others that are thick and crinkly!?
    (metalmann1983) what do you use?
    Well the Depends Super or super plus until recently used to be very crinkly and very thick but now they are cloth backed. (and no these arn't the terrible 6 tape ones you find at chemists)

The outer plastic was very soft to touch and the plastic felt almost cheapish but not like a garbage bag/shopping bag or anything. It felt like a cheap brand baby diaper from the 90s which i think alot of ABs like.

Almost forgot to answer your question. Yes it matters a fair bit for me. Tho i'd rather have a thick cloth backed diaper to a thin plastic backed ones, always.

Crinkle, crinkle, and more crinkle. Chris Crinkle. Lol.

I like the plastic soft, and thick enough, so when you reposition the tapes, you don't get giant holes in the plastic.

"Oh God, that was way too close! Who the hell just divided by zero!?"

Outer diaper plastic is very important to me. I like the feel of Attends and FQP. When I double diaper I usually make sure they are on the outside. I'm not crazy about the plastic on the Wellness briefs, so I use them as a stuffer underneath. I've bought the 'cloth backed' disposables and have always covered them with a plastic backed diaper, or plastic pants.

So yes, the diaper plastic is important to me!!!1

Outer diaper plastic is a must for me. With a T 10 injury and poor left hand problems pants slide over plastic a lot better than cloth.I grew up in plastic bottoms LOL

Even though I grew up with cloth, I don't remember wearing them and I think being exposed to adverts for disposables with plastic backing maybe has made me prefer them. Don't know, but I do know they just feel right for some reason. Nice soft feel and the crinkling is great.

The old Harmony diapers in Europe were the closest to old style pampers I found, but they don't do them any more. Tena is the next best for me. Abri/Abena are okay at first but the insides clump up when wet and separate from the plastic which just makes the thing uncomfortable, even if they soak up more.