Thread: SAP question

Default SAP question

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if the powder stuff in diapers is bad for the skin? Cuz it got all over my legs and... 'Places'

It can be an irritant when dry, especially if you somehow get it in your eyes or whatever, but unless you're allergic, it's fairly safe and not uncommon to have wet SAP (super absorbent polymer) on your skin. Just rinse it off, and it should be fine. Having said that, don't dump lots of it down the drain, and I wouldn't go eating tons of the stuff or anything.

GaashaHuzzah

Quote Originally Posted by komodo View Post
    It can be an irritant when dry, especially if you somehow get it in your eyes or whatever, but unless you're allergic, it's fairly safe and not uncommon to have wet SAP (super absorbent polymer) on your skin. Just rinse it off, and it should be fine. Having said that, don't dump lots of it down the drain, and I wouldn't go eating tons of the stuff or anything.
    Who would go around eating the stuff inside a diaper?

...Don't answer >.<

Sodium Polyacrylate is safe, why would they put it in something thats going to be around sensitive places if it wasn't? It's listed as an irritant in some places and can get a bit itchy but it should be easy enough to just wash off.

Have you seen the shit kids put in their mouths lately?

Quote Originally Posted by GaachanTheWench View Post

...Don't answer >.<
    ...did you think of someone who would? Because I didn't. :x

Oh... for a moment I thought you meant SAP as in Systemanalyse und Programmentwicklung not SAP as in Super Absorbent Polymer. I guess I've been working too hard :/

It's weird because if my skin is clammy and the SAP powder gets on it then my skin gets very irritated but if my skin is relatively dry then it doesn't bother me. I've never had a problem with it irritating my skin when in gel form though and I only noticed the irritation issue with Bambinos.

Quote Originally Posted by Puppyluvs View Post
    Oh... for a moment I thought you meant SAP as in Systemanalyse und Programmentwicklung not SAP as in Super Absorbent Polymer. I guess I've been working too hard :/
    That was the first thing that popped into my head too.

Thanks a ton guys ^^ it was irritating my legs but that stopped fairly quick... And about eating the stuff from a diaper... Anyone on Jackass lol