Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enjoyable AB/teddy bear teasing feelings

Default Enjoyable AB/teddy bear teasing feelings

Time to contribute to my potential votes for most detailed poster.

Nah, in all seriousness, I just felt some pretty powerful cute-like feelings recently and it got me thinking...so I'm just posting to see if anyone can relate at all.

I guess I'll start with this clip, because as silly as it is, it's what started all of these feelings.

YouTube - Lethbridge - The Kid and his Teddy Bear

It's basically a clip of one of those showman hypnosis guys hypnotizing a bunch of people in front of a crowd, and apparently he's gotten one kid on stage to feel really attached to a teddy bear and snuggle it.

And what's funny is...the more I thought about it, the more I felt that this would be one of the overall best feelings I could have by being put in that situation.

Here's why: I REALLY like the idea of feeling cute and someone else finding me cute for still having a teddy, for liking to snuggle it, for sleeping with it, etc. And it's even more exciting/enjoyable when I think about the idea of someone playfully teasing me about it...I think it's because it contributes to the lack of power in the situation, and makes me feel even more like a little kid...it contributes to the innocence of it. This is especially true if they know that I genuinely feel strongly for my teddy.

And that's what I loved about this silly little clip. Whether the kid was acting or not (that's irrelevant in this situation), what I love is the look of genuine affection he has for the teddy...and I really love hearing the audience laugh as well as the hypnosis guy playfully teasing him (he says things like "Aren't you a little old for a teddy bear?" "Would you like to keep him?" "I think he misses his teddy!" )

So that feeling...of being the innocent one, and having other people find it both funny and cute, is just an amazing feeling to me. But what's really great about it is that...it avoids the weirdness and general discomfort that other baby items bring about.

Take diapers for example. There would be so much more awkwardness if something like this happened with diapers. They're just nastier when used, they're more personal because being changed involves getting naked, and they're more associated with the helplessness of being an actual baby. There's also not that same emotional bond/cuddliness that there is with a teddy.

I mean, there would definitely be a neatness to the idea of having to wear a diaper, but there's no way to show that you ENJOY it without a huge sense of awkwardness/weirdness.

But with a teddy...there's just a certain purity to it, because it's just a cuddly kids toy, something that most people can somehow or another relate to enjoying, even if it's so juvenile.

I know a lot of AB's say "Well, I'm open about my plushies!" But come on...I highly doubt that vast majority of us would feel comfortable showing genuine love and affection to our plushies when our friends are around...certainly not to the degree that you can see on this kid's face.

But I guess I just feel like it would be totally amazing if I could do that and not have anyone I know view me any differently socially. To be able to feel cute and cuddly, and even face some very genuine, playful teasing, but still be respected in the same way as a person...that would be totally awesome.

I've actually scraped the surface with that a little bit in the past. I have shown a few female friends my teddy, and they usually find it quite cute that I have one. One said she even wanted to get a picture of me with my teddy, and not only did I let her take one, but a few weeks later I sent her a picture of me cuddling it and sucking my thumb (under the guise that I was "posing" for her since I thought she would find it funny/cute). Yeah, it was a little risky having that out there, but I trust her, and even though this was five years ago, I still trust that no one else has seen the pic.

But anyway...that's why I think it would be totally awesome to be in the same situation as this kid in the video (I'm not here to discuss the plausibility of these kind of hypnosis acts..I'm just kicking this around). It would be so awesome to be able to publicly cuddle and love a teddy, but at the same time be teased about it (not to mention be under the complete helplessness of hypnosis)....but at the same time have the amazing excuse that it was all fake and beyond my control. I would love to be able to see the tape of it, or to have friends laugh afterwards and joke about how funny I looked, but to still not have it affect my social standing at all...because they would think there was nothing to it at all.

Anyway, this was totally random and just on my mind...don't know what it'll mean to anyone, but it was just crazy to me how a silly, ridiculous little clip like this made me feel so much. I've gotten to the point where I feel like I can post this stuff on ADISC and know that it won't be weird, with the hopes that someone else will be able to relate.

Well if it was ONLY your friends it wouldn't affect your social standing, but people you don't know are dicks, so I wouldn't say the same for them.

Meh, I don't mind that being a more private aspect of my life. Hopefully I can find a girl that thinks I'm cute that I am mutually attracted to. Probably won't find that person until I move out. Don't really like bringing people around my family. I'm more likely to date someone I dislike that they WOULD like so that they don't think less of me, but that isn't fair to the girl. :/

Like I said, yeah I like my plushie, but I really don't mind hiding that. I'm sure other people don't really want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Well if it was ONLY your friends it wouldn't affect your social standing, but people you don't know are dicks, so I wouldn't say the same for them.

Meh, I don't mind that being a more private aspect of my life. Hopefully I can find a girl that thinks I'm cute that I am mutually attracted to. Probably won't find that person until I move out. Don't really like bringing people around my family. I'm more likely to date someone I dislike that they WOULD like so that they don't think less of me, but that isn't fair to the girl. :/

Like I said, yeah I like my plushie, but I really don't mind hiding that. I'm sure other people don't really want to see it.

Well, for me, I can live with keeping my teddy hidden...it's not like it bothers me. But I think the thing is that it's so exhilarating to get the feeling of someone finding me cute for having one...especially because I've experienced it in a legitimate way. I think it's because it's the closest I've had to someone actually babying me, and it's come from actual friends, not just some person who I met in the AB scene.

But part of it may be an age thing...I think when I was 17 I didn't have any real desire to share my teddy either...partly because I hadn't had those experiences, but also partly because I think over the years I've gotten a little more bored keeping everything to myself.

I think this works because he's still quite young and obviously cute. His young age doesn't remove him from the relationship between a boy and his teddy. That's a good observation, teddy. I agree.

As for me, I had a teddy bear when my parents adopted me at age 2. By 4, I was diagnosed with severe allergies, and I had to give up my two teddy bears, which I sorely missed. When I was 6, I stubbed my toe and lost the entire nail. I was in a lot of pain and wanted a teddy bear. My mom went out and bought me one, saying to hell with the allergies, I guess.

I told this story to my wife, and this Christmas, she bought me a big teddy bear. He now wears a onsie and shortalls. Honestly, I love my teddy bear, and I gave him the same name of my original teddy, Maf-maf. Yeah...I was a weird child, and I guess I still am.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I think this works because he's still quite young and obviously cute. His young age doesn't remove him from the relationship between a boy and his teddy. That's a good observation, teddy. I agree.

As for me, I had a teddy bear when my parents adopted me at age 2. By 4, I was diagnosed with severe allergies, and I had to give up my two teddy bears, which I sorely missed. When I was 6, I stubbed my toe and lost the entire nail. I was in a lot of pain and wanted a teddy bear. My mom went out and bought me one, saying to hell with the allergies, I guess.

I told this story to my wife, and this Christmas, she bought me a big teddy bear. He now wears a onsie and shortalls. Honestly, I love my teddy bear, and I gave him the same name of my original teddy, Maf-maf. Yeah...I was a weird child, and I guess I still am.
    very nice of you wife to do thaht. can understand wy you ned the teddy bear wen you lost the entire nail

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I think this works because he's still quite young and obviously cute. His young age doesn't remove him from the relationship between a boy and his teddy.
    Yeah, that's a good point. You can tell from this show that it's pretty family friendly...you can hear the kids laughing as the kids interacts with the teddy, and there's definitely a playful air about the whole thing.

I've seen these hypnosis type things before with adults, and a lot of times there are a lot more sexual type jokes and demonstrations as well as just more mature themes in general. A teddy bear part with adults might not stike the same chord.

On the other hand...there would certainly be something comical about seeing a big, muscular manly guy sucking his thumb and cuddling a teddy. I'm sure a more family type audience might enjoy that.

I still like the whole thing, though...it made me realize that even in this community it sometimes feels weird for me to express my full affection for my teddy, and that's what I liked so much about this little clip...there's really a strong childlike affection the kid shows towards the teddy. I don't think I've ever shown that strong of an affection unless I'm by myself.

Default my two cents

I think it doesn't even have to be a teddy...my bed is full of stuffed animals...and the one I usually pick out is my large barney one my yellow teletubbie one or one of my elmo ones then I cuddle with my two baby blankets and a paci....I'm not self concious about it at home....can't say I could say the same if I lost my mind and decided to take one with me on a bus trip...but a part of me would want to....a stuffed animal or a "blankie" are parts of the innocense of any childhood... Its sad in a way that we pressure our kids to give up that stuff as quickly as possible...but all I know is I'm never giving my items up...never!!!lol...I enjoy the comfort and security to much...plus it helps me sleep...and finally it makes me feel like a two year old....oh and I think "social standing" is over rated...if your friends can't accept you for who you are than what good are they? The only reason I don't walk around with my comfort items is one I don't do the ab thing 24/7 and know I'm an adult...and my childhood for lots of reasons was embarrassing enough...and no matter how used to it I am by now being urinary and fecal incontinent I still have to deal with the embarrassment of walking around in a poopy diaper if I can't get home to change right away....don't need to add the embarrassment of questions from people inquiring about my "childish" comfort items...
    Last edited by waslost1234abc; 27-Apr-2010 at 16:52. Reason: added a few thoughts

The love and content on that boy's face makes me smile.

I guess I'm a bad example for this because I've always been the oddball. I've always had my Blanky with me wherever I'd sleep a night. And while I got a few odd looks nothing was said about it as it wasn't seen as too strange for me.

custard

I am totally in love with my teddies too. I have teddy-cows, instead of teddy bears. Recently I spent two weeks in hospital and I didn't really think anything of taking my favourite teddy and my 'tinky' (tinkerbell blanket). I guess it helps that I look 14, but still that's seen as too old for such things. I don't know why I didn't think to be embarrassed by it. I guess so many of my regressed behaviours have been apart of me for so long, I don't think about those things.
    For me though it would be different to like have a paci in public - only because it's not something that I'd naturally do without thinking.

My housemate knows the rules with my teddy-cow. He must come on all vacations, and you need to leave the bag open a little bit, so he can 'breathe'. I even legitimately feel mean putting him in the washing machine, so I give him a bath instead!