View Poll Results: Should I give up my habits?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. You're too old to still be hanging on to this stuff and you need to grow up.

11 19.30%
  • No. There's nothing wrong with you. Just ignore the people who say otherwise.

46 80.70%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Requesting advice strictly from a non *B view point

Default Requesting advice strictly from a non *B view point

So as the title says, I want advice from a non *B standpoint.

I recently had a fight with one of my "friends" in which she said that I was too old to still suck my thumb and have a teddy bear. Now, this isn't the first time I've heard this, but it's not like I flaunt it and let it take over my life. I only really suck my thumb when I sleep or I'm really anxious.

So I want to know: Am I really too old for this stuff? Do I need to grow up? Or should I just ignore these people and go on with my life?

Please elaborate on why you chose what you did.

Most of us here wear diapers, and are well over the age of being toilet trained. I don't think any of us can really say you're too old to be doing babyish things, even though it's not really the norm in society.

What I'm trying to say is, it's who you are. Sure you can suck your thumb sometimes, just don't do it in front of people, the same way i wouldn't walk out in the street wearing nothing but a diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Raad View Post
    Most of us here wear diapers, and are well over the age of being toilet trained. I don't think any of us can really say you're too old to be doing babyish things, even though it's not really the norm in society.
    Yeah. That's why I asked for a strictly non *B viewpoint.

Here's what I say. If it doesn't hurt anyone, then there's nothing wrong. Don't let anyone tell you any different. Don't let what's popular or not popular control what you can or can't do. I would likely say the same thing even if I weren't into this stuff, though I actually wonder if I may have been more close minded if I weren't. I would not want to be that theoretical self.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
    Yeah. That's why I asked for a strictly non *B viewpoint.
    Ya, you're a freak. Welcome to the club, btw.

In all honesty, tough, the vast majority of non-*B would not suck there thumb past the age of, I dunno, 6? Now, as long as its not causing any sort of dental damage the only reason you should stop is if you don't want to suck your thumb. That's my point of view, anyway.

As a non-*B who still sucks her thumb and has loads of teddies, I'd say just ignore them. At the end of the day, you're not harming anyone, so it's not a problem.

Lots of people still have their childhood teddies around, so that's not really that big a deal, and although thumb-sucking isn't the most normal of behaviour, as long as it's not affecting your day to day life or causing you to be bullied then I wouldn't worry about it!

There is no reason why this should be an issue. There is nothing wrong with it. It isn't limiting you in any way, and it is not hurting anyone else. If it relieves stress, it is still better than drinking beer or doing drugs, right? Tell your friend to mind her own business.

Quote Originally Posted by MessyMan View Post
    It will mess up your teeth.
    No it will not.

Quote Originally Posted by MessyMan View Post
    It will mess up your teeth.
    I've already had braces and I wear a retainer. Believe it or not, the worst it ever gave it was a slight overbite.