Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Anarchist Cookbook (1971)

Yumi

Default The Anarchist Cookbook (1971)

So I recently got a copy of this bad boy. Apparently it's illegal, but I got it rather easily.

It's a book containing all information on how to make drugs, explosives, sabotage, etc. It's pretty interesting if you ask me. Of course, I'd never use the information in the book in real life, but it's still a good read.

What's YOUR opinion of the book?

The Anarchist Cookbook

From what I have heard its not illegal in the USA, but is guaranteed that you get added to every watch list out there. I'm pretty sure its available at libraries but as soon as you check it out your name gets added to a list. And my feelings about the book are that everything in it im sure can be found online so whats the difference if its on paper or a computer screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Technologic View Post
    From what I have heard its not illegal in the USA, but is guaranteed that you get added to every watch list out there. I'm pretty sure its available at libraries but as soon as you check it out your name gets added to a list. And my feelings about the book are that everything in it im sure can be found online so whats the difference if its on paper or a computer screen?
    I doubt they have a list of everyone who specifically checked out that book. There are much worse books out there. Just because I know how to light fires doesn't mean I go around lighting houses on fire. They can't assume that everyone who ever takes out that book is a terrorist. Some people are too paranoid. The paradox of the false positive would instantly make this list useless.

My one friend had a copy of this on his shelf. It is interesting the things they came up with.

I have talked to a few people about it and most say that a lot of the instructions were written by someone that had never actually done the things they describe. It's an interesting coffee table book but not a good manual for actually doing things.

Sounds like one of those books written by a person in the, "Those Who Can, Do. Those Who Can't, Teach." category of life. Obviously, they weren't good enough to do them on their own, but good enough to write down instructions on how to do them?

Sure, and make a few bucks while at it!

I agree with MessyMan. I have a digital version of the book (multiple actually) which came with some obscure e-book torrent, and I can tell you from the little I know about these things that the book is highly inaccurate, and probably very dangerous, because there explanations are sometimes faulty and mostly highly inaccurate. This can lead to very dangerous situations (like the page in which they explain you how to make nitroglycerine, but do not explain what to do to make it stable after you created it, a.k.a. not making it go off in your face)

Mako

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    I doubt they have a list of everyone who specifically checked out that book. There are much worse books out there. Just because I know how to light fires doesn't mean I go around lighting houses on fire. They can't assume that everyone who ever takes out that book is a terrorist. Some people are too paranoid. The paradox of the false positive would instantly make this list useless.
    Nope, the Bush administration really did pull peoples library records for who checked it out. They've done weirder shit too, like spy on a Muslim charity with no motive what so ever.

The Anarchist Cookbook is an illegal text in the United States. Many variations have been made, most will blow your hands clean off. It's just a collection of recipes on how to kill people and cause damage.

Ive seen it in a punk rock store once and am thinking of picking it up actualy. the whole anarchy thing intrigues me as this is an interesting social ideology