View Poll Results: AB/TB/DL Lifestyle or Fetish?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fetish

34 47.22%
  • Lifestyle

38 52.78%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AB/DL Lifestyle? or Fetish?

Default AB/DL Lifestyle? or Fetish?

Most people consider being an AB/TB/DL as a fetish ((for example if you tell someone about yourself wearing diapers and acting as a baby they say "Oh thats your fetish?"))...however a fetish would be something you get excited over...

Hm I would almost compare being an AB/DL as Drag, cause drag queens do not suddenly dress up as a woman and then whack off to it, its their lifestyle they live, same with all of us....however not to say that some AB/DL do just dress up and act as a baby then get off on it sexually

What do you guys consider being an AB/DL a fetish or life style? for me its a lifestyle hard to explain but wearing diapers and being a baby is normal its our lifestyles I think.

Definitely varies from individual to individual based upon their personal level of interest as well as how long and how often they indulge, but I'd generally surmise that any fetish can be taken to the "lifestyle" level.

I guess the biggest difference is that *B/DL doesn't refer to sexuality by definition alone, as lots of people get into the regression but not the more, erm, adult themes.
    It's certainly a fetish for me, but you could probably call it something of a lifestyle as well, even though there is a lot more to my life; still, the *b/dl part of me drives a lot of the communities I involve myself in, and the manner in which I dress on certain days (diaper-wearing, obviously).

Either way, the definitions themselves probably don't matter that much-- I'd say just call it whatever you're comfortable with, and be sure to always have fun with it! It's a gift we have, so enjoying it is always an option. <3

Quote Originally Posted by sweetkiss View Post
    I'd say just call it whatever you're comfortable with, and be sure to always have fun with it! It's a gift we have, so enjoying it is always an option. <3
    Very good mindset you have, I agree 100%, and your right it varies from individuals, to some AB/DL's its nothing but a sexual fetish while others dress out in public loud and proud.

BernardFx

I don't consider it as a fetish, because I don't become aroused by it.
    But, it isn't absolutely a lifestyle. Eg. One can like wearing diapers, but only does
    it about once a month. This isn't really considered (by me) as a lifestyle.
    Since wearing diapers has already affected me (I became a bedwetter) I do
    recognise it as a lifestyle, but for my particular case.

I don't dress up as a baby or act like a baby. I just wear a diaper under my normal close a few times a week. It is sexual for me. I have experimented with some AB elements and it isn't for me. People are probably going to crucify me for this but I can't stop myself from relating SEXUAL ABism to Pedophilia. I just don't understand how you could get off on being a baby if you are not a Pedophile. Of course I am not calling anyone a pedophile I am just saying I can't help but make that link.

The difference is that a pedo wacks off to kids where kids are the sexual object. A sexual ABDL gets off to being a kid where the items and/or diapers are the sexual object.

Anyways, more on topic. ABDLism as a lifestyle can still be behind closed doors, it's just not sexual for you (Or am I interpreting this wrong?). A fetish, by definition, is a sexual attachment to an item meaning that it's sexual. So the way I see it is the lifestyle = non-sexual and fetish = sexual. Just clarifying that...

I believe it is a lifesyle for me because it's barely sexual for me, but there are times when it is. I always thought it was just because it's much easier to have sexual feelings in a highly relaxed state, for instance when I'm 2.

It's another one of those things vary from person to person...
    Last edited by LittleFlint; 22-Apr-2010 at 18:36. Reason: More on topic info...

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionxi1 View Post
    The difference is that a pedo wacks off to kids where kids are the sexual object. A sexual ABDL gets off to being a kid where the items and/or diapers are the sexual object.
    I know the difference. I tried to word it as elegantly as possible though and let everyone know that it is just my brain that is making a connection between them and by no means do I think that I am correct about it. If I was a AB I am sure I would understand and be able to distinguish what actually gets me off about it but as more of a bystander I make connections not based on personal experience. I hope this is clearer.

Wink good question...

Good Question, like previously mentioned it could be either, depending on the individual.
    As a lifestyle, it could be out of necessity.
    As a fetish, well I have a fetish for pizza, can't eat it more than once a week because of the cheese, but it's still a fetish.

The word "fetish" has too many strong connotations in our society. One automatically thinks that anything associated with that word is bad, when in reality it could be bad or it can't be bad.

IMHO: If you like it and it doesn't hurt someone else in any way, just do it.
    I would rather not put either label on what I prefer.

Cordially,
    Crinolyn
    Last edited by Crinolyn; 23-Apr-2010 at 03:41. Reason: typo, was "cat" should have been "can't"

It could go either way, really, it just depends on the individual who's interested in it - how they're interested in it.