Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Continuous Wearing?

Default Continuous Wearing?

Last night I slept in a diaper and it got me thinking, would sleeping in a diaper every night in fact induce bed wetting? I have, in the past gone to bed dry and woken up soaking wet with a diaper on. So, if I wear a diaper every night will that bring about the possibility of bed wetting? Your thought?

PS: this is not something that I want to achieve, but rather just one of my ponders.

Butterfly Mage

I doubt it. Wearing diapers doesn't really make people incontinent.

I have been wearing nappies of all shapes and sizes during my adult life for well over 20 years, I have sometimes worn continuously at different intervals during this time for periods of a few days, weeks, and sometimes months.

Despite wearing nappies all night throughout I have never become incontinent or become a bedwetter becasue of it. I do actually sleep walk too from time to time, and my Fiancee has said that even when wearing a nappy in bed I will still get up in my sleep to go to the bathroom despite the fact I have no recollection of it.

In all these years I can only recall one time, and one time only when I had gone to bed in a dry nappy and woke up in the morning wet. This was after a wedding reception where I had drunk a lot of beer and cannot recall if I was wet because at sometime while still drunk during the night thought to myself "It dosen't matter if I pee because I'm wearing a nappy" or if I actually did so without knowing I was going whilst asleep.
    With being drunk, and on this occaision I would suspect I knew I was wearing a nappy but don't remember it and is why I woke up wet, not becasue it was involantary. If I wasn't wearing a nappy I'm sure I would probably have stumbled to the bathroom as I have done on numerous other occaisions when I've been drunk too.

I hope this helps answer your pondering.

It seems as though you can train yourself to wet in bed (I've only heard anecdotally; never tried it myself), but simply wearing will not make you incontinent or a bedwetter.

Diapers are just physical objects. They don't have any ability to make you start wetting the bed by just wearing them.

Just wearing them will not make you incontinent or a bedwetter, however the more frequently your wear them and the more 'natural' it becomes for you to wet in a diaper will significantly raise the chances of you bedwetting under certain circumstances (ie if you go to sleep when you are very exhausted and have a full bladder).

Usually if you wear them often you will also find yourself urinating more frequently and in smaller amounts.

I recommend drinking lots of water or tea and not drinking soft drinks or acidic fruit juices if you are going to wear continuously.. those beverages raise the acid content of your urine which will damage your skin and over time will make you more susceptible to diaper rash.

I don't wear diapers to wet in them but I have on occasion went to bed diapered and tried it out just to see what it was like. It surprised me how difficult it was, I was lying in bed by myself and I couldn't seem to just let go. Even the times I have been able to, I always had to concentrate on it and it was always in short bursts and after I took the diaper off I still needed to go. So I would say at least in my experiences no way.

BernardFx

Quote Originally Posted by tenlet View Post
    It seems as though you can train yourself to wet in bed (I've only heard anecdotally; never tried it myself), but simply wearing will not make you incontinent or a bedwetter.
    I have been using diapers nightly for almost 2 years, and I've become a bedwetter.

The way you start is drink lots of water before bedtime, and do not go
    to the bathroom at least three hours before you go to bed. Then, when falling asleep, if you get the urge, let it flow. With practice, you will start
    to wake up during the night and have the feeling you have to go. Just let it flow.
    About three or four months after, you will barely wake up, pee, then go to sleep.
    It took me about six months to get it right, but now if I want to stay dry, I have to wake up at midnight do go, and unununpotty trainmyself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihlus View Post
    Diapers are just physical objects. They don't have any ability to make you start wetting the bed by just wearing them.
    Everyone keeps saying this but if you wear frequently enough and just go when you need to go through out the day and night the muscles in your bladder will weaken. We usually keep are muscles strong by holding it in until we go to the bathroom. So I would tell OP that just sleeping in a diaper may make you wet for some mental reason but most likely not. If you wear 24/7 for a while and don't hold it then your pelvic muscles might weaken enough to make you wet the bed at night. I don't see why anyone would want to do this though

Quote Originally Posted by Omorashi View Post
    Everyone keeps saying this but if you wear frequently enough and just go when you need to go through out the day and night the muscles in your bladder will weaken. We usually keep are muscles strong by holding it in until we go to the bathroom. So I would tell OP that just sleeping in a diaper may make you wet for some mental reason but most likely not. If you wear 24/7 for a while and don't hold it then your pelvic muscles might weaken enough to make you wet the bed at night. I don't see why anyone would want to do this though
    I stated that I am not happy about this happening, it is nice every now and then, but not for it to become permanent