Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chat Speak?

Default Chat Speak?

Over the past few years of being on the internet Ive learned that many people use chat speak. Now I ask you this my fellow people and furs, does chat speak bother you and if so does that mean that baby babble and such also irratate you? Or is it possibly one sided? Im just curious thats all.

You clearly don't know me at all . I abhor chat speak and baby talk on the internet in any way, shape or form. We have a language that has a vast number of ways to express yourself and it requires almost no effort to use it properly. I can tolerate one or two words in chat speak, but after that I go hack n' slash on their post and grammar nazi the hell out of it... I kind of have a reputation.

GaashaHuzzah

I HATE HORRIBLE GRAMMAR.

If you're smart enough to speak English, you should at least have the decency to type it!

Mesmerale

Chat speak is the devil..

Babyspeak has to have rules, and must be minimal.

Pacispeak is a language that I'm in the process of developing.

Ah, now this is interesting.Zephiel you mentioned baby talk on the forums, what about in real life does this matter to you as well?

Gaachan, now I understand your view on grammer, my future field is just that. I seem to be alittle forgiving on grammer but maybe then, this could mean I have poor grammer.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    Chat speak is the devil..

Babyspeak has to have rules, and must be minimal.

Pacispeak is a language that I'm in the process of developing.
    Now Im a quiet interested in this Pacispeak you have mentioned. would you message me with these details, if not would you share with the whole class?

Quote Originally Posted by littlepup View Post
    Ah, now this is interesting. Zephiel, you mentioned baby talk on the forums. What about in real life? Does this matter to you as well?

Gaachan, now I understand your view on grammar, my future field is just that. I seem to be a little forgiving on grammar, but maybe that could mean I have poor grammar.
    Okay, this is what I do. As for baby talk IRL... I tend to leave the room.

Bold are spelling mistakes, missing spaces or awkward sentence fixes.

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by littlepup View Post
    Ah, now this is interesting.Zephiel you mentioned baby talk on the forums, what about in real life does this matter to you as well?

Gaachan, now I understand your view on grammer, my future field is just that. I seem to be alittle forgiving on grammer but maybe then, this could mean I have poor grammer.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Now Im a quiet interested in this Pacispeak you have mentioned. would you message me with these details, if not would you share with the whole class?
    It's easy. It's how you talk with a pacifier in your mouth.

The majority of it is just the omission of vowels. The rest is just trace amounts of random stuff that's hard to explain. Some of it involves actually experimenting with trying to make certain mouth positions with a paci in your mouth.

GaashaHuzzah

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    I'm a dork who lives in Canada. Fear my milk bags!
    Oh, I bold-ed your mistakes!

Haha, indeed I have.

Quote Originally Posted by GaachanTheWench View Post
    Oh, I bold-ed your mistakes!

Haha, indeed I have.
    Can you EVER stay on topic?

I get after newbies in the IRC about this all the time. I consider it to be disrespectful during a conversation. Baby talk annoys me greatly. It has it's place and time.