Thread: I had a dream that I spoke with President Obama

Default I had a dream that I spoke with President Obama

This was one of the most vivid dreams I've had in years. I dreamt that I called the white house and was put on the phone with president Obama. I told him of the concerns I have for his policies and that I was afraid that he, like his predecessor, was looking at the American people as a resource instead of himself as a steward of the peoples land. We had a rousing conversation about health care and taxation until he accused me of being a radical and attacking his office for the sake of dissent.

I woke up speaking, "Mr. President I in no way intended to attack you. I am a concerned citizen that fears the changes you wish to make will harm this country financially for decades to come. I have a great deal of respect for your office and apologize if I sounded hostile rather than concerned." and I felt horrible until it sunk in that I was in bed and that it was all a dream.

I used to have vivid dreams, some funny and others terrible and frightening, but haven't in a while.

I wonder what causes them to crop up occasionally?

very very strange...

well one reason this may have come up, be more likely to is your honest concern for libertarian issues. and as such, dont really like obama on many fronts.

that said, you are a bit of a radical, no more than a certain mako-cat though

I am defiantly a fiscal conservative and believe the government should be shrinking instead of growing.

I fail to see how anyone could see me as a radical though.

Write the president at his website and tell him of your concerns, it might take a few days but they will get back to you.

I had an idea a few weeks back and thought he could use it so I wrote him and I did get an answer.....

Quote Originally Posted by khaymen View Post
    I am defiantly a fiscal conservative and believe the government should be shrinking instead of growing.

I would say that given that even the traditional exponent of the Washington Consensus, the IMF acknowledges that spending cuts now would be a mistake your stance is a little misguided if not radical. Fiscal conservatism really hasn't been a credible option in dealing with the recession or supporting the recovery and Keynesian action really has been quite necessary. No one is comfortable with the level of debt being built up across Western governments but it's a price worth paying when the alternative would have been a far longer and deeper financial crisis, much greater unemployment and quite possibly the total collapse of the world's financial infrastructure. My concern is that governments haven't yet acted to properly reform the structures that got us into this mess in the first place.

Anyhoo, it's obviously something that's been on your mind a great deal. Must say that my dreams are either about the personal or the apparently abstract and surreal - never things from the realms of politics or current affairs.

I once had a dream that Robin Williams was in my house, and I've always wanted to meet him, so I was looking all around for him. I looked under my bed, in the laundry room, in the basement... Then I heard the door slam and ran up the stairs as fast as I could, but he was already gone. That was the worst dream I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by silent deadly alchemist View Post
    that said, you are a bit of a radical, no more than a certain mako-cat though
    Khaymen's the least radical radical I've ever met.

I had a dream several months ago that Obama had a teen age son, and I was hanging with him. In the dream, I was once again, a teenager. In the dream, we're in a city, standing on the corner talking, and suddenly I realize I'm wearing a diaper.

I know this sounds ridiculous, but honest to God, I really had this dream. God knows what I was watching on television before I fell asleep!

Quote Originally Posted by khaymen View Post

maybe i was thinking of alaskanDL

I have vivid dreams too... usually when I am so tired, after having a long day at work or a bad day. I had one not long after my grandpa died in which he was a Starfleet Admiral in Star Trek TNG, and I was a Commander- my CO, and I were at Starfleet to meet with the Admiral- and it was my grandpa. We actually talked in the dream. It was weird... really weird.

Another dream I had that was vivid that still creeps me out is one I had in January, it was of an America in chaos- Nationwide riots, major cities in flames, people protesting and Martial Law declared... in my dream, I was stuck at work when the shit hit the fan- and I remember in the dream, being stranded for days at where I work while the only vehicles cruising the street of where I work were M1 Abrhams Army tanks, troop transports, and police cars from BOTH departments, the County Sheriffs Dept, and the State Highway Patrol. That dream still creeps me out for some reason.

I have had a lot of dreams, but those are two that for some reason stick out in my head...

WildThing121675

Well, that was quite the interesting dream. I've had a few vivid dreams, but never about Obama. A friend of mine told me about a dream where he was teaching me how to dance and Obama came out of nowhere wanted to have sex with me. Kinda strange, but it's the only Obama dream story I have.