View Poll Results: Do you log off ADISC when turning off the computer?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 21.43%
  • No

55 78.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone log off ADISC before turning off the computer?

BernardFx

Lightbulb Does anyone log off ADISC before turning off the computer?

Because when I see the members that are coneced list, I think it's much more than what the real number is. I think it would be better to log out before shutting the computer off.

I'm pretty sure you asked a different question with this poll than what you intended. The question seems to ask whether one logs off from their user profile in their OS before shutting down, but your post seems to be asking whether or not one logs out of ADISC before shutting down. If so, a better phrasing might have been "Do you log out of ADISC when away from your computer?", with "yes", "no", and "sometimes" responses.

BernardFx

Quote Originally Posted by NutFreeFruitcake View Post
    I'm pretty sure you asked a different question with this poll than what you intended. The question seems to ask whether one logs off from their user profile in their OS before shutting down, but your post seems to be asking whether or not one logs out of ADISC before shutting down. If so, a better phrasing might have been "Do you log out of ADISC when away from your computer?", with "yes", "no", and "sometimes" responses.
    Thank's. I'll modify it.

You can't do it yourself in a poll, so I did it. ~Martin
    Last edited by Martin; 20-Apr-2010 at 12:54.

Never. Unless I just used CCleaner, I'm always logged in, cookies-wise. Doubt it always shows me as online, though!

Nope. It's my computer and my Windows account. No one else uses this account, so I don't log out. Anyone else uses guest.

I don't log off adisc, ever not even at my mom's. Here at my dad's I have no reason to be concerned with him being on my PC, he just bought a new one himself and he's pretty happy with that. Not to mention him seeing me on Adisc would be nothing new since I view it openly, though with him around I tend to stick with non TB/DL/AB topics.

That said I rarely turn off my computer so far it's been like that for over a year with no negative effects. I tend to come to my computer just about every 1-3 hours so turning it off and on would be a hassle with a somewhat long boot up time due to all the programs that are still auto-launch enabled.

At night turning it off would be a valid option and I might consider doing that as long as I am not idling in TF2, running [email protected] or just using Utorrent. The odd's of me not needing/wanting to run those at night are extremely rare. The electric bill isn't huge either for leaving it on all the time since I replaced the power supply with a actual decent one from OCZ.

This is my computer so I leave it logged on. I am pretty sure that the server notices when someone has not done anything for a while and removes them from the members list when they shut down their browser.

I usually log off everything but don't shut it down. Even though this is my computer ( I built it ground up) my sister does occasionally use it. Just uses guest though. So usually I just log off so she can't get past my password

I just never log off, lol. I merely close my laptop lid with everything still open whenever I leave the house or fall asleep. I'm often on here throughout the day, so I don't mind if it says I'm logged in at times when I'm not (though I do doubt it does that).