Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Prefered Government Style?

Default Your Prefered Government Style?

Alright, well...let's say Armageddon happened, BUT you and 1,000 others survived. The first step you decided to take was to set up a new government. What type of government would you set up if you had the choice? Would it be a Direct Democracy, a Republic, a Plutonomy, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Valerye View Post
    Monarchy
    Better than monarchy. Empire. I love how the Japanese do it.

Communism. There is only a thousand people. Pool the resources and share everything.

Like being a doctor is good and all, but the farmer is the one creating the food and, in terms of survivability, is actually helping more than the doctor.

Democracy. I would want to monitor the goodwill with which we interacted, and take pains to include everybody. Under those conditions it would work nicely.

Benevolent dictatorship, assuming that I'm in charge.

Actually, if we're a small society needing to rebuild, I'd consider an oligarchy, with transfer into a hybrid direct/representative democracy once the society was up and running.

Monarchy. Things will go faster and with only 1000 people there is no need to have a large government.

If I were in charge, then i would say a monarchy an Absolute one, then maybe switch to a more representative monarchy... MAYBE

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Communism. There is only a thousand people. Pool the resources and share everything.

Like being a doctor is good and all, but the farmer is the one creating the food and, in terms of survivability, is actually helping more than the doctor.
    This. Communism is the strongest form of government. The downside is its weakness when used in larger nations. The solution? Just have a smaller country.

Alternative answer: capitalism might reward you with money, but encourages the people around you to be assholes.

I don't know.

Falkio

"Introduce a little anarchy..."

What? Why is everyone so serious?