Thread: Well, wouldja lookie here…hello hello!

Default Well, wouldja lookie here…hello hello!

Hello, Xarenir here (btw, that's my nobody name, where you take your name, add an 'X', and mix it up. I used my middle name. Major props to anyone who can figure it out!^^)

I am a TB/DL (19 not quite an AB yet :P), and have worn off and on for the past eight or nine years. I love singing, and am currently studying opera with a private teacher (I'm a baritone, if that means anything to anyone). I also love anything to do with the water (I am a licensed SCUBA diver and white water rafting guide) and all sorts of other outdoors stuff.

Welcome to the site. I'm a bass/baritone, and have my degree from Westminster Choir College. The tenors get all the good parts!

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Welcome to the site. I'm a bass/baritone, and have my degree from Westminster Choir College. The tenors get all the good parts!
    True, the Tenors get most of the leads, but at least us baritones get the Villains!

Hehe, another singer joins the sight! Welcome! What period of opera are you studying?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    Hehe, another singer joins the sight! Welcome! What period of opera are you studying?
    Well, even though I have a large voice for 19, I'm still mostly studying more lyric roles as well as a couple of Song Cycles. The Magic Flute, Don Giovanni (which I just auditioned for last week) and Hamlet. I saw the Met telecast on wed (of Hamlet), it was amazing! So to answer your question, mostly Mozart and Bel Canto.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    Very nice! I'd love to see the Magic Flute someday.
    Personally I sing countertenor and bass. At the moment, I'm taking part in a production of H.M.S Pinafore by Gilbert and Sullivan playing 'Dick Deadeye'.
    Anyay, welcome to the sight, take a look around, and enjoy!
    Wow. Opposite ends of the spectrum! I have sung Ombra Mai Fu, but in a lower key.

I love anagrams and puzzles of all kinds - Your middle name is Ranier? Shot in the dark. I was/am a baritone, but can sing from second tenor to bass range. Good intro, Welcome to ADISC!

Inerra? Anyway, welcome to ADISC. There's singing in Hamlet? O_o LEAVE HAMLET ALONE! [/ChrisCrocker]

Wow, first guess was right…aww, I was hoping it would take longer

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Inerra? Anyway, welcome to ADISC. There's singing in Hamlet? O_o LEAVE HAMLET ALONE! [/ChrisCrocker]
    well, there is an opera of Hamlet (1868?). lol, chris crocker quote(ish)…