Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yet Another Intro

Default Yet Another Intro

Yes well... this is awkward....
    My name's Allie
    I'm female
    I'm 19, going to college so I have practically no self-time.
    I'm an AB, known for a couple years. It's a fact of my life by this point. I indulge only when I have spare change in my pockets (so not terribly often).
    I really like techno-gadgets, really into watching TV shows either cancelled or new, a big movie fan, I like playing video games a lot, stick to mostly RPGs and simulation games but my favorite is Bioshock.

You'll probably find me ghosting around through the forums, commenting on things once in a while. Kind of shy sometimes

So yeah. That's... it.

GaashaHuzzah

Does Hypnotize Big Daddy 3 work on new users???

Anyway, welcome to ADISC

Heh. x3 You seem like a lot of fun!
    I'm in the same boat-- also 19, with a life consumed by college.

Welcome to ADISC! Have a great time here.

I offer you the hand of friendship and guidance and welcome you here in hopes that you will have a long, productive and enjoyable stay in our little slice of cyberspace.

Hello Neighbor and welcome to forums.

This is your first year in college I can sympathize with you time pressures. I am headed full steam for finals (hell) week myself.

Well, you seem to be big into Norse mythology, or so your name has lead me to believe.

Loki = the god of mischief

Fenrir = the wolf that bit off Tyr (god of War)'s hand.

Anything you wish to speak about there?

Welcome to ADISC! I hope you enjoy it here! Just remember to take off your shoes on your way in and don't forget your pacifier. We find thousands of lost pacifiers each day! What kinds of TV shows do you watch? Currently I am trying to download the series of Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. I just remember that show as a child and it seemed interesting.

Wow thanks for all the greetings! I'm going to attempt to comment on all so here goes... something:

GaachanTheWench: Yes! Someone who finally knows Bioshock! And I only wish Hypnotize works, I'd take them with me everywhere. Though I don't know what people would think if I started carrying around green liquid-y balls of goo and threw it at them. They might just think I'm crazy. Though they may not be on the wrong path...

sweetkiss: I must start by saying, I love your avatar. I'm glad I -seem- fun. Now I hope I can prove that I am! Hope College finals/papers aren't weighing you down right now. Def. need to chat more later. Thanks for the warm welcome!

khaymen: thanks for what seems like a really nice, well-worded introduction. I too hope for a good stay around this site. More importantly, that I don't do something stupid to get kicked off!

ChildishDaze: awesome name, cool picture. Made me laugh a bit. I'm actually not in my first year. This is my second, just have one of those pesky late birthdays! That and being only 5'2" on a good day doesn't help Don't let the finals win! They end eventually, I promise! A few good days on caffeine followed by a few greater days napping, makes life soooo sweet.

Zephiel: You have discovered another of my hobbies! Yeah, I'm a mythology nut. I've been in love with it as long as I can remember. Norse mythology is a personal favorite, second only to Mesopotamian, but I know that if I made my handle "Nergal and Ereshkigal" I'd get some weird looks. And not to get more geeky, but could I ask the origin of your handle? I know it from a video game "Fire Emblem" but I'm sure there might be another source I don' know of.

tk7432: Shoes off, check. Pacifier, check. Got it tied to my neck! TV shows, hmm... that's a long list. Currently, I'm watching Merlin (the newest), Ben 10, catching up on my Avatar: the last Airbender, Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok (a myth thing, see above), House MD, I'm taking a class on animation so a lot of old 60s cartoons, and the list goes on. I'm sure that if watching cartoons didn't give me class credit, I'd be in so much more trouble. If you're looking for episodes of Foster's, youtube has a pretty decent collection. The show is interesting except for the main character. The whole blanket/sarcastic character thing isn't my most favorite.

GaashaHuzzah

Well, if magic boogers would get you weird looks, you could always form a bunch of ice sickles on your hand or put a wasp nest in your sleeve :P

Quote Originally Posted by lokisfenrir View Post
    Zephiel: You have discovered another of my hobbies! Yeah, I'm a mythology nut. I've been in love with it as long as I can remember. Norse mythology is a personal favorite, second only to Mesopotamian, but I know that if I made my handle "Nergal and Ereshkigal" I'd get some weird looks. And not to get more geeky, but could I ask the origin of your handle? I know it from a video game "Fire Emblem" but I'm sure there might be another source I don' know of.
    Yup. He is the second to last boss in FE6 (The one with Roy, chronologically after 7, the first released in America)