Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water Pills help bedwetting???

Default Water Pills help bedwetting???

Anyone ever thought of taking water pills to help make them wet? And if so, any side effects and did it even work?

I've had some success with dandelion root - a natural diuretic available in health food stores. I usually do something (intensive exercise) or take something (sleep aid) to help insure I'll sleep extra soundly and not wake up when it takes effect.

OTC water pills are not worth buying, save your money, I used to take those and prescription pills years ago they are not worth the effort.

Arcy

WHAT? I am confused, why don't you just go on your own or something? -_-

Water pills, the very good ones, will drain excess water from all of your tissues, you body stores water but in some cases the body will retain more water than normal.

Some high power drugs will make your body retain water and you will bloat, this is what the very good water pills are for.

I tried taking OTC pills when I was younger, all I got was blue colored urine

Peachy

If you use pills designed to cure a medical problem on a healthy body, it's bound to cause trouble somewhere. Then you may find that you turn from a bedwetter into a coffinwetter for the grand finale. So be careful!

Elli

Water tablets are given to people who have build up of fluid for example, in their lungs, perhaps from having pneumonia, or damage from a stroke that makes coughing up difficult - I'm saying things I've heard - I'm no professional. If it's very severe they drain it externally. Or conditions that causes water retention around the ankles etc, perhaps from poor circulation or something. Their dosage and intake of water is probably monitored to make sure they aren't becoming dehydrated.

There's no point playing about with medicines. It might send more of your body's fluid to your bladder, but then so would a few cups of coffee or cans of coke. Dehydration is rubbish, it messes with the salts in the body, making you feel further unwell, which is why diarrhea rehydration remedies like 'Dioralyte' contain minerals and salts.

The simple and safe solution is to simply drink more fluids and let your kidneys do the rest.

Most people don't drink enough water as it is. A liter of water 40 minutes to an hour before you want to do some serious wetting will do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    The simple and safe solution is to simply drink more fluids and let your kidneys do the rest.

Most people don't drink enough water as it is. A liter of water 40 minutes to an hour before you want to do some serious wetting will do the trick.
    This is the best advise you could be given. Avoid pills of any sort unless for a genuine medical issue. and stick with the natural methods. While I am no doctor, those pills sound like they could have some very nasty side effects.