My personal favorite
    Immortal technique
    MF DOOM
    EMINEM
    JAY DILLA
    Tribe called quest
    lot of other artists
    with only a few greatsongs

I don't really see why people like rap. It's never struck me as talent to hear people reading rhymes quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
    I don't really see why people like rap. It's never struck me as talent to hear people reading rhymes quickly.
    I don't really see why people like rock. It's never struck me as talent to hear people plucking strings quickly.

I don't really see why people like electronica. It's never struck me as talent to hear people pressing buttons quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Verscha View Post
    I don't really see why people like rock. It's never struck me as talent to hear people plucking strings quickly.

I don't really see why people like electronica. It's never struck me as talent to hear people pressing buttons quickly.
    Touche
    Yet, anyone can speak quickly yet i'd like to see anyone play hendrix.....

I love how all someone needs to do is mention something that they like, and then it immediately starts an uncomfortable situation.

Anyway... I like BOTH Rock AND Rap.

HUGE fan of Eminem, Kanye West, and T.I., and Lil Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Verscha View Post
    QFI. Seriously, that is not a smart assertion. Lets see you try to play the guitar/drums/bass. Then get other people to join you, and make songs that blend the three with vocals. Then come talk to me.

There actually is one rapper I like: Lupe Fiasco.

C'mon guys, lets not turn this into a "[type of music] SUCKS!" discussion.

I like rap, but I also like some rock as well, country can be alright, as well as pop. I like diversity, so I generally don't listen to just one type of music, I listen to a lot of them.

Footed P.J.

I have no rap in my iTunes, and so it shall remain. My stash is mostly synthpop, 80's, college radio, etc.

I love rap, and rock, they are both good.

As to the speaking fast rhymes, its not just that. It is staying on topic, rhyming, going fast, staying on beat, and most of all coming up with it off the top of their head. Called freestyle if you do not know. I never seen any vocalist (outside of rap) or guitarist, or bassist, or drummer, or any instrument player be able to come up with a entire song off the top of their head. So yes rapping is a talent.

Some of my favorite rappers include Eminem, Jedi Mind Tricks, Aseop Rock, Lil Wayne, Dr. Dre, Three 6 Mafia, Rick Ross, Paul Wall, Bun B, Obie Trice, Clipse, and Beastie Boys.

Those are all artists I commonly listen to, there are some others I enjoy too, but those are the ones I enjoy the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
    QFI. Seriously, that is not a smart assertion. Lets see you try to play the guitar/drums/bass. Then get other people to join you, and make songs that blend the three with vocals. Then come talk to me.
    I think you've missed the point. People always like to rubbish rap by saying how it's just 'guys talking quickly', so I was doing the same for other genres, showing how silly statements like that actually are.