Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: So Much Shyness/Bashfull - ab/dl community

Default So Much Shyness/Bashfull - ab/dl community

it really dos make you so much peed off that there are alot of people in this community that they chat to you and then when you want to meet new friends they turn you down and im not sure why is this and I know there are loads of there whats also been in the same boat as myself but why in the community there are people like this and make you feel down and time wasters ?????

Well to begin with, a lot of the members are under 18, so they really should be careful who they talk to online.

Secondly, you've only got 50 or so posts. 50 posts on an online forum is not enough to make an opinion of someone.

And finally, a lot of people don't want to have actual meetups with online people, full stop, because, at the end of the day, no amount of online conversation can actually prove anything.

Remember, if you're only here for meetups, adisc is not a dating site.

but im not just talking on this site and i mean in the community and other people will feel the same as me and know where im coming from

Maybe it's the vibe you give off to people, do you come across as creepy? do you come across as to forward?
    These can be really off putting to someone, maybe instead of wandering why people don't want to meet you, you should be wandering what can you change about yourself as an individual to appear more friendly/likeable.

And as Hex said, a good and well known reputation in the community will improve your social standing and increase the number of meet ups you experience.

I think the point im trying to make is that people are too shy about meeting other AB/DLs in real life.

GaashaHuzzah

Quote Originally Posted by toddlerjunior View Post
    I think the point im trying to make is that people are too shy about meeting other AB/DLs in real life.
    Because we should all be running out and meeting people we meet on the Internet.

That NEVER goes wrong. Especially when there's a fetish/abnormal lifestyle involved.

Usually it's more of an issue of trust than an issue of shyness. I wouldn't want to go out and meet with someone who, for all I know, could be a serial killer or a rapist or something like that.

I think it doesn't matter WHO it is, be it an *B/DL meeting another in real life, or just someone from an open forum or an online game, or whatever, meeting another person in real life that they met in the internet. Regardless of how/why you met them, they still COULD be a Murdering Rapist Vampire or something

it might be more accurate to say that people are more shy than you about meeting other AB/DLs in real life. it sounds like you're very eager to organize meet-ups. that's fine, but just because not everyone is as eager as you doesn't mean they're "too shy."

personally, i tend to be cautious about meeting people in person. i like to get to know the person thoroughly online first before i meet them, especially if there are only going to be two people involved. i think the cautious approach is sensible -- it's best to be judicious about who you decide to meet and when.

it sounds like you've experienced a rejection recently. i can understand how that would make you feel kind of crappy, but i'm sure you can understand how important it is to be cautious about meeting people from online communities.

The issue is that there are a lot of creeps on the internet, so many people are wary of meeting up with someone from the internet in real life. As they should be.

If your intentions are good, you really should wait several years at least before even suggesting it. You need to gain a deep trust with the person so they know for a fact that you aren't out to get them. And even then, there will always be doubt or anxiety because of how good some people are at pretending to be what they aren't.

It's not being shy. People with common sense just wouldn't go out and meet someone that they just met.