Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The truth about ABU Cushies

Default The truth about ABU Cushies

I have to say that they are probably the flimsiest adult diaper I have ever tried. Sure, it is more absorbent than the likes of Depends, but I had one Cushie tear right off my body when it touched a door handle, and another split down the middle when I tried putting a pair of loose jeans over them.

And the "5 Star Absorbency" the ABU website says it has? I have had a couple of Cushies leak after just two wettings.

And I purchased a case of Cushies, and I went through more than half of them. I have yet to wear a Cushie with tapes that actually stick, and I found myself having to use packing tape to keep them on.

I will admit that when I first got them, saw the design and got a whiff of that Baby Fresh scent, I was in love. But the feeling of love for this product died very quickly and turned into frustration very quickly. Seeing that after tax and shipping, I spent $120 on this case (that's $3 a diaper!), the least they could have done was manufactured a product that did more than look and smell babyish.

Consider this a consumer warning. I may have wore worse diapers than these before - but I did not spend $3 a diaper to get into them.

And I thought I got ripped off spending $13 for two of them... But yeah, I agree completely. Total waste of money, unless you don't care about performance and just care for looks, then they're perfect. :/

I had been looking at their website and I had ordered some other diapers from them thinking that same thing, this would be a decent product. I was dissapointed with the quality and absorbency and never ordered again. They leaked after the first wetting, and they didn't hold up under pressure. These new ones look great if you're trying to look babyish but you are only getting the look, may as well wear an Abena under them for the protection. I would order a couple to save them for Halloween as part of a costume. That might be fun but I still have never worked up the nerve to dress as Baby New Year.

It seems the only diapers that truly work good are the ones that don't look babyish. For me though, A simple white diaper is all I need to feel good. I'm not into making my diapers look pretty or babyish, a diaper is babyish enough in that it's a diaper. That's just the way I feel about it, and I will never pay three dollars a diaper even if they we're as good as X-plus.

Sorry to hear about your misgivings, I'm a DL at heart but I need real protection for nighttime so I wear Abena or Tena. I've even tried those secure personal care X-plus knock offs and they work great too. Anyway, thanks for the heads up, even though I already knew what a sh!tty company they were.

`Frem

Quote Originally Posted by Fremder View Post

It seems the only diapers that truly work good are the ones that don't look babyish. For me though, A simple white diaper is all I need to feel good.

`Frem
    I have to agree with you. But I found a seller on eBay who was selling Care Bears diaper tape to decorate any diaper. I would have to say that I would like My Little Pony diaper tape better, though. Here's the link to the diaper tape and other decorated diapers eBay Seller: nrlremt: Health Beauty, Clothing, Shoes Accessories items on eBay.com

That's kind of what I figured. The lineup photo someone posted of three Cushies being about half as thick as three Bambinos says it all.

Remember, this is the company that's selling cut-up chunks of industrial absorbent towel as diaper boosters.

I appreciate the effort that AB Universe is making and I know how hard it is to run a small business... but selling overpriced junk is not going to endear yourself to a customer base.

If I want my diapers to look "babyish" I just pull on a pair of plastic/rhumba pants... besides, all-white is pretty babyish to begin with.

Never be the first ones ready to part with your hard earned money for something new.

You have all heard it before, "If it sounds too good to be true"

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    Never be the first ones ready to part with your hard earned money for something new.

You have all heard it before, "If it sounds too good to be true"
    that's not entirely true...

anyway this thread doesnt really say anything new, all the reviews that have been posted say the absorbency sucks but nothing can beat it's looks as they are as close to an adult pampers as you can get

ABU needs a break, you guys aren't happy with the service. You complain and complain that you don't get your stuff, then they fix that or at least try to and now it's complaints about the product. I'm not saying that the complaints aren't genuine things to be improved on but give SOME credit to ABU, otherwise your incessant whining will make people who wanna provide goods and services to communities like ours pack up and leave, or not even consider it at all. I don't know one small business that can provide an AFFORDABLE/Value Conscientious product that is quality. Bambino can do it but that's because whoever is managing is just rebranding their REAL products at a larger scale (Secure X-Plus?) at a community they know will keep buying.

I'd rather have crappy performing but cute expensive diapers than have no option for them at all.

Error404

Quote Originally Posted by JonBB View Post
    that's not entirely true...

anyway this thread doesnt really say anything new, all the reviews that have been posted say the absorbency sucks but nothing can beat it's looks as they are as close to an adult pampers as you can get

ABU needs a break, you guys aren't happy with the service. You complain and complain that you don't get your stuff, then they fix that or at least try to and now it's complaints about the product. I'm not saying that the complaints aren't genuine things to be improved on but give SOME credit to ABU, otherwise your incessant whining will make people who wanna provide goods and services to communities like ours pack up and leave, or not even consider it at all. I don't know one small business that can provide an AFFORDABLE/Value Conscientious product that is quality. Bambino can do it but that's because whoever is managing is just rebranding their REAL products at a larger scale (Secure X-Plus?) at a community they know will keep buying.

I'd rather have crappy performing but cute expensive diapers than have no option for them at all.
    /sales pitch?

...otherwise your incessant whining will make people who wanna provide goods and services to communities like ours pack up and leave, or not even consider it at all.
    I don't care what they're selling, if a company can't deal with rational, reasoned reviews and opinions on their products, then please go out of business and good riddance.

I don't know one small business that can provide an AFFORDABLE/Value Conscientious product that is quality.
    The question being asked is, is ABU's product even quality? OK, so they're charging an arm and a leg per diaper... is it a product that lives up to its cost?

Well, as you said, apparently if all you're interested in is looks, then it fits the bill, but if you actually use it for what it's intended for, then it's really not so great. That's useful information to know, particularly considering the "Five Star Absorbency Rating" it's claimed to have. "Five Star" would suggest it's on par with Bambino and Abena, and that's clearly not the case.

OK.

Quote Originally Posted by polarbaby View Post
    I don't care what they're selling, if a company can't deal with rational, reasoned reviews and opinions on their products, then please go out of business and good riddance.

The question being asked is, is ABU's product even quality? OK, so they're charging an arm and a leg per diaper... is it a product that lives up to its cost?

Well, as you said, apparently if all you're interested in is looks, then it fits the bill, but if you actually use it for what it's intended for, then it's really not so great. That's useful information to know, particularly considering the "Five Star Absorbency Rating" it's claimed to have. "Five Star" would suggest it's on par with Bambino and Abena, and that's clearly not the case.

OK.
    If there is no competition between companies than we as customers ultimately lose which is why i'm trying to say these things. I mean people STILL bought Cushies even after all the warnings and past history of them. Even myself. I expected disappointment from the start. Were they cute, yes? Were they worth the money? Heck no since I like both cute and utility, but at least i'm happy they exist and who knows, with all this negative rep, they might step up to the plate and address the absorbency problem. Then Bambino would have to step up their game, which is ultimately what I want to see

Yes constructive criticism is good but i'm just saying, give them more credit. They were able to ship most of the Cushies out despite their past, and i'm sure they knew they weren't as good as Bambinos in the absorbency department but they still shipped them anyway to just be there for us to buy.

Some people here make it almost sound like their experience with Cushies was some kind of blind betrayal by a company that has only done good to them. I know that they're just upset at money wasted but really, you knew what you signed up for when you clicked that Buy now button!

If you're going to bring up the fact they kinda misrepresented or misled us on what Cushies could absorb or what their performance qualities were on the product description, I'm a bit miffed too but I'm not going to go around boycotting McDonalds because the pictures on their menu mislead me about the quality of the food, or the size for that matter. I just don't eat there, and sometimes I get curious or feel a bit insane in the membrane and go back to McDonalds, but lesson learned and I don't go back for awhile again haha. Same thing with Cushies, if I hear they improved a bit, i'll try them but i'm sure they'll still be disappointing but at least they're trying to give us our dream product.

For some reason this video comes to mind :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8HOaB1fOqA
    Last edited by Lazy; 12-Apr-2010 at 01:50.