Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i need help, im failing geography!

Default i need help, im failing geography!

mainly because i never hand things in but i handed everything in but still standing at a 55%! at mid term! is it something to do with my class because the class average is 53$ (yes and they are idiots) any ideas on how to bring it up?

Um... hand stuff in from now on? Ask your teacher for extra credit? Other than those, I don't know if there's anything else you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wegs View Post
    Um... hand stuff in from now on? Ask your teacher for extra credit? Other than those, I don't know if there's anything else you can do.
    This.

Assuming your test scores are good, I remember those being extremely easy in my own geometry class, not sure about yours.

Not turning in homework is the easiest way to screw up your grades for a class. I'm forever haunted by the 69 I got in biology the first quarter of my freshman year.

Hand stuff in on time and study for your tests. I really don't know what else to tell you. I remember taking Grade 9 geography so I know the course isn't that difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihlus View Post
    Hand stuff in on time and study for your tests. I really don't know what else to tell you. I remember taking Grade 9 geography so I know the course isn't that difficult.
    oh yeah handing things in late is a 20% reduction which most of them are 70%, so therefore if i do well on the exam and hand things in second term, i will pass. atleast im not the worst in the class, the worst has a 14% he failed once and he is going to fail again

He's saying he doesn't usually hand everything in, but he has this term.
    Uh... the best thing to do would be to ask you teacher. If you think you've been doing everything you could to get an A and you've got a near-failing grade, communication is going to be your only option.

Quote Originally Posted by MarqueeMoon View Post
    Quit being an idiot.
    This is what you tell yourself once you reach the point that you can't glide through school anymore and are frustrated that you've got bad study habits.

Quote Originally Posted by masterlink89 View Post
    oh yeah handing things in late is a 20% reduction which most of them are 70%, so therefore if i do well on the exam and hand things in second term, i will pass. at least im not the worst in the class, the worst has a 14% he failed once and he is going to fail again
    These are the type of bad study habits that you're going to have to start getting rid of. You're setting your bar so low... I try to look to the people who understand things better and say "I want to be like that", rather than look at the people who are failing so I can feel better about myself. If you really want to stop failing geography (and any class that you put your mind to), all you need to do is become motivated to do so and then just work at it. Eventually it becomes easy, but you have to put some effort into school if you want to succeed.

Quit being an idiot.
    Frankly I'd say that. Not as bluntly but yeah.

Quit browsing the web all day/night. Pick up the text book and study for 1hour a day and do your homework and projects and turn them in early. The bonus is that most of the time Most teacher give +points for early turn ins.
    That is if you do it antiquity. Even if you do that you can still have a social life with friends.

A lot of you guys(kids) could easily get better grades if you got off your lazy asses and did the work.

95% of kids that get low grades in school get them because they have no sense of responsibility. That included me.

Next year I'm going to have to bust my ass trying to get all the classes I need to pass or I'm stuck in HS till I get my GED or Graduate. And If I stay that extra year I got to work to pull my GPA up to 2.5. (Shooting for 3.8+)

Also Do not stay up past 11/12. It makes it harder to do work/have fun.

The best time to sleep is 9-5 or 10-6. Gives for the best rest.

Quit being an idiot.
    This.

Pull your finger out and start doing the work. Handing things in late is a poor habit to get into, you need to revise hard and not just for the tests but just to help you understand things better. Spend an hour a day just reading over all your notes.

Get off the internet from time to time. Spend an hour on-hour off and don't stay up into the hours of the morning, set yourself a bed time and stick to it. You need to create new and better habits as well as breaking the old ones.