Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your input requested

Default Your input requested

I am helping a diaper manufacturer with design and sizing of their products and would appreciate your input on the best dimensions for the different sizes.

Please indicate what size you think you are. Small, Medium, or Large

I need some measurements:

1) Waist size
    2) Diaper width; measure the back from the points where you would like the tapes to land
    3) Length ; measure from the point on the back you would like the diaper to reach to the point on the front you would like the diaper to come up to.

If you would prefer a different fit for day or night use, please supply two sets of measurements specifing your preference.

Be assured none of your personal info will be collected, only the measurements are to be used.

If you do not want to post the info in the public forum, please PM me the info, your details will never be revealed.

Here's copy and paste for your convenience.
    Please indicate whether the measurements are in inches or cm's.

1) Waist size
    2) Width
    3) Length
    4) Size

Thank you.

Generally when I assist a company in any kind of project which will assure them of some kind of profit, I ask for some kind of compensation. Either money, a service, or some other reasonable exchange.

Well you should encompass 26-34 medium should be 32-44 Large 40-52 ad going up like that.

You should encompass the smaller diaper with the larger size like that. It allows for people at the top/bottom to get a better fit.

And I'm basing this off the USA style of measurement because well yeah.

Why not go on the dimensions of today's diapers have? would not it be fine with two types of nappies (One day and one night)?

Sounds very exciting.

1) Waist size-28" so I would be a small
    2) Diaper width; measure the back from the points where you would like the tapes to land
    3) Length ; measure from the point on the back you would like the diaper to reach to the point on the front you would like the diaper to come up to.

Quote Originally Posted by NateSean View Post
    Generally when I assist a company in any kind of project which will assure them of some kind of profit, I ask for some kind of compensation. Either money, a service, or some other reasonable exchange.
    Making new dies for the machine to cut the diaper shape is very expensive, so it is difficult to convince a company to spend 10's of thousands on redesign without some data on what dimensions the users want.
    I have a very good idea what the medium size should be, since that is my size, it's the small and large sizes that I can only guess what the ideal dimensions might be.
    I think a good fitting diaper with decent absorbancy for a resonably low price would be pretty good compensation.

As the primary market is people in care homes, price is the main consideration. The fit of the diaper is not as important, and the people wearing do not get to provide input into what they would like.
    I think this community could benefit from giving some input into diaper design, after all who would know more about diapers than us. We just don't like to talk to outsiders, so the manufacturers have a difficult time getting our input.

Quote Originally Posted by az86 View Post
    Why not go on the dimensions of today's diapers have? would not it be fine with two types of nappies (One day and one night)?
    If you measure all the diapers on the market you will find every manufacturer has different dimensions. I am just trying to see if there is some common preference to allow for the best fit for the greatest number of people.

It is going to be very difficult to convince any manufacturer to produce two types, night and day, unless there is very strong indication that people who use diapers want different styles for day and night use.
    Adding more or less absorbancy to one style is easy and doesn't cost very much, but the cost of new dies to make another style is very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by kevindhca View Post
    If you measure all the diapers on the market you will find every manufacturer has different dimensions. I am just trying to see if there is some common preference to allow for the best fit for the greatest number of people.

It is going to be very difficult to convince any manufacturer to produce two types, night and day, unless there is very strong indication that people who use diapers want different styles for day and night use.
    Adding more or less absorbancy to one style is easy and doesn't cost very much, but the cost of new dies to make another style is very expensive.
    I she. Thanks for the answer. Bad i dont can try the diaper wen it is finish. expensive to ship diaper from canad to Sweden.

WarrenW

I am highly suspicious of this whole story. Like why are you coming here to get this information? The whole thing sounds like bs to me.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenW View Post
    I am highly suspicious of this whole story. Like why are you coming here to get this information? The whole thing sounds like bs to me.
    I am not coming here to get this information.....I was already here.

If you want to know something about me, search my previous posts or contact me via PM.
    I have a lot of respect for the people here. Rather than just make up the measurements on my own, I thought I would give others an opportunity to add their own input.

I am a little surprised that very few people here want to give input into diaper design. I never would have guessed that before I made this thread.

I have been AB/DL for about 36 years, and have reached a point where I am comfortable enough with myself that I am able to talk to a manufacturer about the design of their diapers.
    It's not what I planned to do, but I met a representative of this company by chance.
    Since they were just starting out and located their office close to me, I was able to meet one of the owners and point out some of the big mistakes in the initial design of their diapers.
    They seemed to be willing to make changes to improve their diapers, so in the interests of obtaining a source for good diapers a resonable cost, I am willing to give them input from the point of view of someone who has a lot of experience and knowledge of diapers.

I she. Thanks for the answer. Bad i dont can try the diaper wen it is finish. expensive to ship diaper from canad to Sweden
    If you really want to try it when they get it made and are comfortable sending me your mailing info, I will send you a couple. It will be many months before any samples of a new design can be produced though.

annierighthurr

I like the sizes bambino has. They seem pretty good. Their small isn't so tiny it can't fit anybody and seems to fit the demographic of people who don't normally fit well into mediums, and their medium fits me perfectly at 32" waist (but I'm a girl with much larger hips, not sure of exact measurements but maybe something like 37-38",). I can't speak for their larger sizes but these are the measurements they have:

Small: 22-34"
    Medium: 32-44"
    Large: 45-60"
    X-large: 59-54"

Medium Abena X-Pluses also fit me extremely well.