Thread: God of War III

Default God of War III

I got this game as an Easter present and felt the need to discuss it here. Anyone else played it yet? Did it live up to your expectations? What did you think of the ending?

As for me, I am quite pleased with it overall. The graphics and combat moves are through-the-roof, and the storyline, for the most part, is both captivating and original, especially for a video game. I don't have many PS3 games, so maybe my expectations were a bit low, but I love it so far. Opinions, anyone?

I've tried God of War III, I found it to be quite hard, but very satisfying. The combat is fantastic, as are the numerous weapons you get to use. And that's to say nothing of the graphics, which are incredible.

That said, you NEED to get Uncharted 2. It's the best video game I've ever seen, bar none.

The storyline is the mythological equivalent of a self-insertion fanfiction. My love of greek mythology find it unacceptable that (SPOILER ALERT!)

Quote Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
    The storyline is the mythological equivalent of a self-insertion fanfiction. My love of greek mythology find it unacceptable that (SPOILER ALERT!)
    Yeah, it would have been such a better game if it was literally impossible for you to do what your goals are.

Quote Originally Posted by satyrical View Post
    Yeah, it would have been such a better game if it was literally impossible for you to do what your goals are.
    That's your fault for having impossible goals. Actually from a narrative standpoint, some of the best stories written are the ones in which the protagonist fails to achieve his goal. The bottom line is the game is fueled more by "Awesome" than plot.

Well, we're also supposed to believe that Kratos can find crates everywhere with little green, blue, red, white, and purple-ey orbs to help him when it is convenient. So... suspension of disbelief.