Thread: The Rock-afire Explosion

Default The Rock-afire Explosion

Has anyone heard of them? Is anyone else a fan of them?

They were an anamatronic band in the 80's that used to be in Showbiz Pizza place but that chain no longer exists. Today there aren't many of them left in stores, most of the remaining ones are privately owned by fans.

I'm a pretty big fan of them, I used to be totally facinated by them as a child. I love animatronics and such like this and Teddy Ruxpin. and athough I loved these kinds of things; chuck-e-cheese robots always scared me. The Rock-afire was better.

It'd be cool if anyone here knows what I'm talking about ^^

I have picked some Rock-afire Explosion memorabilia in the past, but I have never seen the Rock-afire Explosion show mainly due to the fact that Everything was Chuck. E. Cheese, and we only went there once a year, if that when I was little anyway. I collect playing tokens, and I have quite a few ShowBiz Pizza tokens among my collection (in addition to a whole mess of CEC tokens); somewhere I have a couple drinking cups I bought a while ago, one with the Rock-afire Explosion logo, and the other one with the ShowBiz Pizza Place logo on the sides of the cups. But, a couple of my friends that remember ShowBiz tell me that the Rock-afire show was better than the Chuck E. Cheese show.

I like animatronic figures, but don't see them around much anymore at all. I haven't been in a CEC in a long time, but I don't think too many of them have the animatronics anymore, which is kinda sad because the animatronics are what a lot of people remember well that and the ball pit, but that's another story altogether) The last time I was even in a CEC, was when I was for a friend's birthday party in 1996 when I was in 3rd grade, then a few months later, they closed that CEC permanently. (The building is now occupied by a gym, but they kept the child-sized entrance door, which I have a picture from last year of me coming out of that door )

ShowBiz actually came out on top and bought Chuck. E. Cheese in 84 when CEC filed for Chapter 11, but by the early 90's they changed all of the establishments to Chuck E. Cheese. (This unfortunately was probably because the company that programmed the Rock-afire Explosion animatronics dropped ShowBiz from their clientele in 1990.)

Not bad, I'm not enthralled, but I think my son may like it.
    Check them out.

BTW: POP QUIZ Who knows what "Eap Opp Ork Ah Ah" means and where it is quoted from?

Hehe, memories. The Showbiz Pizza that I used to go to got was turned into a Chuck E. Cheese's. *giggles* Wow, just read the Wikipedia article. I didn't know that the founder of Atari was also the founder of Chuck E. Cheese. That would explain the arcade

'Eap Opp Ork Ah Ah' is from The Jetsons, isn't it? At least, I remember Judy singing it in one episode. I think it was Martian for 'I love you,' or something.

"Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah" means "I love you," but it was not Judy's entry in the Jet Screamer song contest, because George "sabotaged" her entry and replaced it with Elroy's alien language so she would not win the contest. Judy won the contest to George's dismay, and tried to sabotage her date with Jet Screamer by following them and causing "accidents" all night. Finally they all got to Jet's gig, and George paid off the "Boom-boom" player to take the night off. Wanting to see his plan through, George hid in the boom booms (drums), and when Jet introduced the band, Judy noticed him in the drums, and George ended up playing them for the show. By the end of the episode, George seems to be okay with Jet and is the new head of the Jet Screamer Fan Club with his hip new attitude. (This was obviously one of my favorite Jetsons episodes)

Quote Originally Posted by Altric View Post
    I have picked some Rock-afire Explosion memorabilia in the past, but I have never seen the Rock-afire Explosion show mainly due to the fact that Everything was Chuck. E. Cheese, and we only went there once a year, if that when I was little anyway. I collect playing tokens, and I have quite a few ShowBiz Pizza tokens among my collection (in addition to a whole mess of CEC tokens); somewhere I have a couple drinking cups I bought a while ago, one with the Rock-afire Explosion logo, and the other one with the ShowBiz Pizza Place logo on the sides of the cups. But, a couple of my friends that remember ShowBiz tell me that the Rock-afire show was better than the Chuck E. Cheese show.

I like animatronic figures, but don't see them around much anymore at all. I haven't been in a CEC in a long time, but I don't think too many of them have the animatronics anymore, which is kinda sad because the animatronics are what a lot of people remember well that and the ball pit, but that's another story altogether) The last time I was even in a CEC, was when I was for a friend's birthday party in 1996 when I was in 3rd grade, then a few months later, they closed that CEC permanently. (The building is now occupied by a gym, but they kept the child-sized entrance door, which I have a picture from last year of me coming out of that door )

ShowBiz actually came out on top and bought Chuck. E. Cheese in 84 when CEC filed for Chapter 11, but by the early 90's they changed all of the establishments to Chuck E. Cheese. (This unfortunately was probably because the company that programmed the Rock-afire Explosion animatronics dropped ShowBiz from their clientele in 1990.)

Yeah...I know about that. It's really sad. They also talk about it in the rock-afire documentary, it's so depressing. I really love the Rock-afire.