Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think. I broke. The new posts counter.

Default I think. I broke. The new posts counter.

LOL. Instead of saying 'you have 108 new posts' or summat it's all like "mate there ain't numbers you been away too long"

oh man it's gonna take at least half an hour just to catch up XD

Peachy

Hmm..I thought you were talking about the counter being broken (that's why I thought I should move this to the Administrative stuff-forum).

I guess you were away too long. Don't make me chain you to something so you don't leave again!

lol peachy. Thanks for being helpful :3

also: mmm. chains.

Also also: Does the new posts counter have a threshold (1024, 2048, 9999) above which it only says you've got a hella unread posts?

Valerye: sorry, didn't realize it was particularly notable. Next time I'm away for a long time I'll have to remind myself to take a screenshot of the posts counter XD

Quote Originally Posted by NoobSauce View Post

Also also: Does the new posts counter have a threshold (1024, 2048, 9999) above which it only says you've got a hella unread posts?

Valerye: sorry, didn't realize it was particularly notable. Next time I'm away for a long time I'll have to remind myself to take a screenshot of the posts counter XD
    ARGH! Now I want to avoid the site for a month or two JUST to see what it looks like >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    ARGH! Now I want to avoid the site for a month or two JUST to see what it looks like >_>
    Me too! :P

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by NoobSauce View Post

I'm all for making it say "Come back more often!!!" after a certain number, or for people who click a field named "BDSM" in the interests section in their profile, it changes to "Please contact mod about being chained to the forum"

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    I'm all for making it say "Come back more often!!!" after a certain number, or for people who click a field named "BDSM" in the interests section in their profile, it changes to "Please contact mod about being chained to the forum"
    YES.

I love it when the interface screws around with English and politeness

like in TWEWY, where the difficulty levels are "Face the noise", "Erase the noise", "Hush the noise", "Crush the noise" (easy/medium/hard/ultimate)

Also in TWEWY, the "run from battle" is "Gotta bounce!"

And there are a couple other nameless examples that I can't remember (DDR is one of them) with witty comments in the menu. (Touhou: difficulties include "for crazy people" and "for normal people")

Welcome back, NoobSauce.

The limit isn't 1024, as I'm fairly certain someone had 1337 unread posts at one point. And posted it in a thread.

Ok, as per request I've reproduced the number thing.
    http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn80/tinlv7/posts-counter.jpg

and it only took me (apparently) 2 weeks of not logging in to ADISC!
    FOR SCIENCE