Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depression or diapers - what comes first?

Default Depression or diapers - what comes first?

A number of folks here have pointed out a link between on the one hand their need to wear diapers and on the other hand episodes of depression or needing emotional comfort. Purpose of this thread is to shed more light on this connection. Thus this thread is directed specifically at those amongst us who meet both the following criteria:
    (1) the frequency of their diaper wearing varies over time, and
    (2) they wear diapers more frequently when they go through a period of depression or need for emotional comfort.

Question:
    (a) do you first realize that you are getting depressed or your need for emotional comfort has gone up, and then you decide to seek comfort in wearing diapers, or
    (b) do you first start wearing diapers more frequently, and then realize that you are getting depressed or are undergoing a difficult emotional period?

Spearmint

neither, I just like wearing diapers.

Neither of those options really apply to me either. However, I would definately say that binging heavily in the ABDL lifestyle can certainly cause a person to become withdrawn. Giving up time with friends, family etc in favour of diapers is a bad idea. This could quickly lead to social problems and ultimately depression .
    I think the link between diaper wearing and depression would be far more prominent in the younger part of the community. Especially those individuals who already struggle socially. Accepting AB/DL'ism and learning to manage it is can be very difficult. Support forums like this provide a great deal of help in getting through the tough times.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpup2008 View Post
    Question:
    (a) do you first realize that you are getting depressed or your need for emotional comfort has gone up, and then you decide to seek comfort in wearing diapers, or
    (b) do you first start wearing diapers more frequently, and then realize that you are getting depressed or are undergoing a difficult emotional period?
    After reading this I thought about it, and honestly I never noticed a connection before, but looking back, there is definitely something there. I think I would fall under (a), but it is never really a conscious decision. After spending some time in a rut, the urge to wear does become a lot more pronounced, and I almost always act on that urge :P.

It makes me wonder about the root cause that led to me being a DL.

Depending on the situation, diapers can cheer me up when I'm depressed. Regression is a good way of getting away from what's happening/stressing me out/depressing me.

If I'm depressed, I usually don't feel like wearing diapers. Diapers and regressing make me feel good and enhance my mood for the rest of the day, so I'm usually feeling fairly well when I want to wear. My wife has a lot of health issues, so if there is yet another health crises, I'm too stressed over that to want to get into diapers.

I can't begin to understand why I have always wanted to be back in diapers, and feel like a baby or a toddler. I know that when I do, the zone it puts me in is almost like being on some sort of mood enhancing drugs. So usually, I have to be feeling somewhat good in order to follow through and go to that special space inside my head.

When I am depressed or under more stress I wear diapers more often. Depressed I usually wear 24/7 when I am feeling better it is usually just at night and possibly a few hours during the day.

I tend to wear more when stressed or feeling realy good.

Butterfly Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetaluver View Post
    neither, I just like wearing diapers.
    Ditto!