Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Marriage Ref

Default The Marriage Ref

Last night I was watching a show called "The Marriage Ref" where the premise of the show involves real life couples who have been having an on-going fight for a long time. A video clip is shown to a celebrity panel, showing both sides of the argument. The celebrity panel will then discuss each side of the argument and vote on who they think is right and the host (who is the Marriage Ref) will make the call siding with either the husband or the.

It got me thinking about my wife and I and our constant back and forth about my diaper wearing, she thinks it's absolutely disgusting but because she loves me she deals with it. I don't feel there is anything wrong with it and try to be as discreet as I can around her but she would much rather I just not wear diapers at all. I thought it would be kind of interesting to see what the reactions would be if a couple in our situation went on the show.

Personally I would never be able to go public with something like this but what do you think? Would anyone here ever consider something like this? Do you think it would help the AB/DL community or do you it would be a determent on the already poor view of AB/DLs in the media?

babyjhonny

I certinaly would be intrested in the panals reactions, i think infantalisim needs more public, media and press attention if there is evere to be any hope non infantalists understanding the difrences between Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Furey, Littile Girl, Littile Boy, Sissy Girl and Pedophile. From my own experiance on commenting Adult Baby related videos on youtube, most of the geniral public see a image of grown adult in a diaper with a pacifier and other baby related stuff and they automaticaly go pedo pedo pedo. This is because society is paranoid to an extreme in the masses over all kinds of things. And this is just one of the effects it has. Fear. The geniral public are scared of us cause they do not understand us cause they have not been exposed to us and educated about us, thats why there needs to be documentrys, films, talk shows, press covrage, news events, media, all kinds of things on live prime time tv, the more mainstream websites, populer radio and in books.

So im saying you should definitly go for it and get it on as many channals as you can.

I would never do anything like this. But my wife is accepting of my diaper wearing so there you go. If there were a circumstance like that on the show, I am almost 100% certain it would be an assassination. The emphasis would be on belittling the person and getting the audience behind it. TV is targeted towards popular opinion. These kind of TV shows are mostly watched by a female audience who sometimes have a lack of interesting things going on in their own lives. Therefore they like to see drama unfold in front of them.

I wouldn't do it. They're just going to demonize us as some pervert, unloving and unappreciative husband or something and the fact that it's on television is the icing on a cake of varying flavors of hatred and embarassment.

I'd do it if I was leaving for Mars the next day with the goal of never returning to planet Earth. It would make for an interesting show, as long as it was someone else...haha.

babyjhonny

Quote Originally Posted by JonBB View Post
    I wouldn't do it. They're just going to demonize us as some pervert, unloving and unappreciative husband or something and the fact that it's on television is the icing on a cake of varying flavors of hatred and embarassment.
    Thats cause they dont understand us

We need to help them understand us

we dont need to get them involved diaper them and baby them

we just need to help them understand us

My reaction:
    What's up with the holy crusader of justice mentality?

I hope I'm not offending anyone with the reality of the matter, but a number of *B/DLs are and always will be unsavory, as with every community (like Deeker, anyone?). Wearing diapers and such is an unusual idea to the majority, so the majority is going to pick out the strangest ones from that community simply because they stand out the most.
    It's the same concept with the gay or furry communities; people are naturally going to find the biggest examples of something being strange and make it into a stereotype, a la the yiffy fursuiter, or the ridiculously butch lesbian. Or in our case, the morbidly obese unshaven diaperman who gets off to little kids.
    It's not a nice image of who we are, and it's definitely not an accurate representation of the whole, because that's such a small minority of the community. It should be evident that there are all kinds of people in all three communities I listed. But it doesn't mean the bad examples don't exist.

Which brings me to my point. There are very obviously decent, wonderful, and incredibly kind-hearted people in this community (as well as pretty much any other community, except maybe Nazis or zombies). If someone genuinely wants to get to know one of us, I have no doubt in my mind that they would refuse to accept just about any member of this forum on the grounds of being *B/DL alone. There's so much else to offer that it really overwhelms the regressive or sexual parts of our lives. If someone is looking into our world for someone to laugh at, you can bet just about anything they'll find it; but if the same person came in looking for a person, not just an archetype, I'm sure they would come out just as satisfied. We're dynamic beings with many different facets, and in general, some very interesting and cool people.

All of this culminates unto one absurd idea: why should any one of us expend our time and energy letting the public know that we're earnest and real people, when we and the people around us already know that? :[
    Let them come to us to seek understanding, if that's what they really want. So let's just worry about our own lives, because I'm not hurt in the slightest about someone's misinterpretations when they don't even know us.

Like, if someone you know were to make a comment to you about some weirdo pedophile on the news with some reference to diapers, you could set him straight and tell him that not everyone into infantilism is like that. But damn. Waving a flag around annoys me. Defense is one thing, but aside from that, we have nothing to prove.

babyjhonny

We have to expend our time and energy telling the public because the public as a whole dont want to know. And so long as the public arnt intrested they will continue to have the dillushional idea that, all infantalists are morbidly obease men in diapers who get of to kids, in there heads and we have to teach them that that is not the case. Shure there is a minority that let us down ,with there pedophillic tendencies like deeker, as the whole but i would guess maybe 400 out of millions, so for the most part they are pretty rare in out comunity, then we have the some what creapy ones i would guess maybe a few thosand out of millions, so for the most part we are all nice people, and the public need to be made to understand that.

I dont have the skill to do it but i know there are people on here that could help me.

TV, Books, Magazines, Press, Radio, Confrences

The Infantalisim Comunity Is Going Public

Out Of The Closet and in to the Washing Machine we are Coming Clean

Quote Originally Posted by babyjhonny View Post
    We have to expend our time and energy telling the public because the public as a whole dont want to know. And so long as the public arnt intrested they will continue to have the dillushional idea that, all infantalists are morbidly obease men in diapers who get of to kids, in there heads and we have to teach them that that is not the case. Shure there is a minority that let us down ,with there pedophillic tendencies like deeker, as the whole but i would guess maybe 400 out of millions, so for the most part they are pretty rare in out comunity, then we have the some what creapy ones i would guess maybe a few thosand out of millions, so for the most part we are all nice people, and the public need to be made to understand that.

I dont have the skill to do it but i know there are people on here that could help me.

TV, Books, Magazines, Press, Radio, Confrences

The Infantalisim Comunity Is Going Public

Out Of The Closet and in to the Washing Machine we are Coming Clean
    Given the people skills you have displayed here with us thus far I don't see anything good coming from you attempting to publicize this. Even if ABDL were suddenly magically made public in a manner which made most people believe we were harmless and just a little odd, I don't see your desire to "live as a baby" fully incontinent and a voluntary drain on health services as something that would be accepted. Simply put, I think you have more to lose from disclosure than most of us based on what little you have shown us so far.

Personally, I think the Internet is taking care of the overall perception of people who successfully integrate their odd desires into their lives. It may well take another generation or two for things to settle down but the general awareness that people like weird stuff and that's okay will seep into the public consciousness.

Elli

Yeah. Good motives, babyjhonny, but Trevor has a very good point.