Thread: Is it better to take them out if the bag

Default Is it better to take them out if the bag

when I get diapers I always get a case of disposable diapers. I put the box in my closet and open a bag then I take a diaper out of the bag when i need one then put the bag back in the box. if i were to take then all out of the bag and put then on shelf or something are there any advantages to this. Like would they be more comfortable or absorbent because they had time to uncompress

Quote Originally Posted by jasonkid View Post
    when I get diapers I always get a case of disposable diapers. I put the box in my closet and open a bag then I take a diaper out of the bag when i need one then put the bag back in the box. if i were to take then all out of the bag and put then on shelf or something are there any advantages to this. Like would they be more comfortable or absorbent because they had time to uncompress
    Sounds very good. Although a bit cozy.

I tend to do something similar with my only takes a few diapers at a time because I only have diaper when I'm free.

Interesting idea, I hadn't considered that before. I usually just leave mine in the bag until I need them. I think that after a while, humidity might be a problem, it could possibly mess with the absorbency. That said, that could also happen just from having the bag open. Keep in mind that this is all conjecture on my part and I have no data to back up my theories whatsoever. I would think that it could allow the diapers to uncompress some and would maybe give them a better feel, though I don't have any data on this either.

Elli

I worry about humidity causing less absorbency. There is a problem with mold and damp already, so I keep them wrapped up. But, sometimes I'll take one out then not use it and it sits there and does uncompress a bit, and then I wonder the same thing. Good question!

Great question! I recently started keeping six or seven loose diapers in a softside briefcase that I can keep inconspicuously in my car (i have baby wipes and powder, too). I've noticed that they do decompress and become apparently thicker and kinda fluffy. They crinkle more, too. I don't think the absorbancy changes at all, but I do enjoy putting them on fluffy over flat out of the bag.