Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been impressed with Abenas...

Default Been impressed with Abenas...

I recently got into Abenas through a friend of mine and I was impressed, especially with the X-Pluses but the Extras so far are just as good. I got a case of Extras recently from XP and they work great for me.

I would rather spend 80 on a case of Extras than deal with cheap US diapers like Depends that do not work that good for me or even fit me good.

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    I would rather spend 80 on a case of Extras than deal with cheap US diapers like Depends that do not work that good for me or even fit me good.
    WildThing121675
    Agreed, WildThing!

I've been into Abena since I started wearing, primarily because out of all of the diapers I tried (Molicare, Depends, Attends), Abena had the best combination of benefits. The only thing that I wasn't getting was the tape quality, however, it's not as bad (with their mini-redesign) anymore.

I normally wear Supers, but I ordered a bag of Extras to give them a try. The first 10-12 out of the pack tore right across the front while wearing. Ugh! Some sort of defect, I guess. Also, I found that with my clothing/body type, the Extras were more noticeable under my clothes - which I didn't like, since the Supers were super stealthy.

I have never once yet tried Bambinos; it sounds like an expensive habit for me to get into! Maybe when I quit one of my other vices, like smoking, I can afford them!

EmeraldsAndLime

Abenas seem to get a lot of reports of defects.

I agree the extras are a bit thinner than the x-plus but they will still absorb 2-3 night wettings just like the x-plus with almost no leaking. and 40 cents less per diaper

I actually have issues with the XPlus. They seem to have a different cut to them. I can't get the Xplus to fit nearly as well as the Supers.

I love Abena's especially since they are making the smalls a little bigger. They now fit perfect!

I love the extras and prefer them over the xplus (like was said before) they are cheaper and hold almost as much

Quote Originally Posted by barkd74 View Post
    I love Abena's especially since they are making the smalls a little bigger. They now fit perfect!
    Is this a recent thing? I used to hate the fit of the smalls. How much of a change are we talking about?

Abenas are frequently referred to as the 'Caddilac of diapers'. I think they are the best out there for extended wear and thickness. I like to double up my diapers, or use boosters like Dignity or Depends. No need to double diaper with an Abena XPLUS! But if you should want real longevity, wear an XPLUS with a booster, or even a cheaper diaper underneath (or both!). Nice and thick and no leaks. Sleep like a baby!!!!!

If you buy Bambinos by the case, they aren't much more than Abena's. They are actually evenly priced. Bambino is slightly cheaper per diaper.

At XPMedical a case of Medium Abena X-Plus (42 diapers) is $57.95 and $1.379 per diaper.
    A case of Medium Bambino (48 diapers) is $65.96 and $1.374 per diaper.