Thread: Metro 2033

Default Metro 2033

Is it just me, or is this game like REALLY fucking scary?

I have been playing it for a few days now, and was unsure whether I liked it or not. But now Iím about half way through it (or at least I think I am anyway) I have become addicted to Metro 2033. The mixture of scary flying, jumping mutants and Nazi, Russian and bandits is quite clever. You get your very scary, in a dark tunnel with just a flash light and strange noises bit, coupled with the stealthy/all out battles with enemies in dilapidated buildings.

Anyway hereís the website if you fancy a look, Metro 2033 I would seriously recommend it to anybody who likes a good shoot em up.

Note: A clean diaper is recommended to avoid Ďaccidentsí while playing the more jumpy bits. :mellow:

Spearmint

I haven't played it yet, I'm hoping i'll get it for my birthday on the 23rd, but until then i can only imagine how awesome it must be.

seems too much like Fallout 3, just without a good story and writting, and most likely voice acting.

If I want a scary game I'll pop in Doom 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    seems too much like Fallout 3, just without a good story and writting, and most likely voice acting.

If I want a scary game I'll pop in Doom 3.
    From what I hear, it's actually very linear, like Half-life 2, and got pretty good reviews. I haven't personally tried it, but it's supposedly pretty compelling. Maybe worth a shot when it goes on sale or something.

i havent tried it, i downloaded the razor1911 version, but it seems the game should've been released at least 3 months later.
    Somewhere when they'd actually had a final retail/steamversion,
    instead of a a nonfunctioning game that coincidentially launched on a similar date as as the paper launch of nvidia's fermicards
    and coincidentially enough did not much more than jack sh*t on my trusty old hd3870 :/ (which seemed to be a common problem, that lots of people were encountering)

though, besides all negativity, its on my wishlist, to snipe at the next valve holiday craze