Thread: Mw2 map pack!!

Default Mw2 map pack!!

Gah I cant hold it in any longer, In a few hours the new map pack will be out. Is anyone buying them. I've been playing cod4 to pass the time with friends. But the 3 new maps look so great.

Also I just bump my stick sen. to 10(insane) an wow I can almost do 2 360's in 1 jump lol.

Ooo shoot. This date came fast. I'll have to check it out later on today, though $15 is a little steep in my opinon.

I also agree, on top of paying for XBL, an everyone else gets it for free.

Gah, I enjoyed MW2 for a while, but there were so many issues with the PC version: matchmaking failing half the time, horrible horrible lag, etc. I've since taken to BC2, a much better multiplayer experience IMO. 15$ is pretty ridiculous for a map pack. A couple of days ago, you could buy BC2 from the EA store for 20$ with a coupon code or something. I'm sure MW2 plays better on consoles than many other console FPS's, but I expected more for PC, especially with how awesome COD4 was on all platforms.

PC games got screwed on MW2, if they would have had dedicated severs its would be better

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

I also hear there making some tweaks to 1 man army. AN also fixing the way it finds games. So we should be get better host.

Oh yeah, I'm getting the map pack today. I'm a map pack junkie

Edit: ...Unless, ya'know... my parents don't let me... that works too... >.< DOH!
    Last edited by LittleFlint; 01-Apr-2010 at 03:57.

Right now I like the maps a lot, I think they are all very well made and worth the price. By the way, these maps are actually cheaper than they should be FYI. On average, a single map from a games map pack will cost 277 MSP, times that by 5 maps and you actually get 1333 MSP, so the price is actually pretty reasonable.

My opinion on each map:

Crash: It's a very good remake with very little changed and plays great.

Overgrown: Still very goof, many more things blow up now, and thermal snipers are a little overpowered, but still better than any other MW2 map.

Salvage: Small map roughly just larger than Scrapyard, plays very well for small team games and has generally impressed me for Demo and CTF so far.

Storm: This map runs Demo and Search extremely well, but is another one of those maps that get's tainted because of unnecessary precipitation effects :/

Bailout: This map is just way too big with way to many hiding places in my opinion, but a lot of other people seem to enjoy it so IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by komodo View Post
    Gah, I enjoyed MW2 for a while, but there were so many issues with the PC version: matchmaking failing half the time, horrible horrible lag, etc. I've since taken to BC2, a much better multiplayer experience IMO. 15$ is pretty ridiculous for a map pack. A couple of days ago, you could buy BC2 from the EA store for 20$ with a coupon code or something. I'm sure MW2 plays better on consoles than many other console FPS's, but I expected more for PC, especially with how awesome COD4 was on all platforms.
    I bought BF:BC2 on the PC for 20 bucks using the special deal and code combo. The single player is worth 20 bucks I think though not anything more then that. But the multi-player is extremely fun and is unlike other FPS games I play.

Even trying to fly a helicopter in empty servers is fun, and you pretty much have to since it's the only time you can fly helicopters and UAV's in the game.