Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've Wondered

Default I've Wondered

Well, at least around here, children are not allowed to wear diapers or pull-ups to Kindergarten. Well, i was wondering, if the Kindergarten has naps like the ones around here do, and there is a bedwetter in the class, do they let them bring pull-ups or the nap? Just curious cause my brother's 4-year-old friend (Will be in Kindergarten next year) stayed over and wet the bed. I've never wet the bed so i would have no idea.

School's not letting kids wear diapers is a myth some kids need diapers. The ones that never potty trained are due to developmental issues in which case they will do something other then public schooling.

Thats a good question, however I have no Idea as to what the answer is. probably so given that it is somthing that the kid dosent want known. and what teacher likes to clean up pee.
    I dunno, just my opinion.

Sounds like just another rumor. I knew a girl who wore diapers until she was in 2nd grade. That didn't stop the school faculty.

and what teacher likes to clean up pee.
    Very good point. I wouldn't.

There might be some schools that don't let kids wear diapers but I'd say that, for the most part, having a kid wear a diaper is preferable to having to clean up that kid's pee.

It's not true. Teachers and parents say things all the time to get kids worried which makes them motivated. If the child thinks that they're not going to get to go to school because of diapers, they'll definitly try harder to get out of them. And if getting banned from school isn't enough, the good old "we'll be so dissapointed" always works.

Kids without a medical problem have to be potty trained before they start school. I wasn't potty trained until I was almost five, however, I did go to preschool. My mom just sent me to school with a pull up on = P

I think i read somewhere it's against the law to discriminate children not going to kindergarden due to wearing diapers? I think so anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I think i read somewhere it's against the law to discriminate children not going to kindergarden due to wearing diapers? I think so anyway
    Even if it isn't explicitly against the law, not allowing a bedwetting kid to wear a diaper for naptime would probably be grounds for a lawsuit.