Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XXX Heat Survey!

Default XXX Heat Survey!

Get your mind out of the gutter, I'm not talking about THAT XXX.

When you go to a restaurant, whether it be Mexican, Thai or Indian, and they ask you how hot you want your food from a scale of 1 - 5, how would you respond to that?

I always order a "6", when they ask me that. And I am always overjoyed when a kitchen actually pulls that off for me. Everybody else at my table takes a little bite, and tells me, "Oh, my fucking gawd! How can you eat this? Are you insane?!?!?". At which point, I tell them, "Yeah, I am insane, because I am enjoying this very much."

Do you like to bring on the heat? Or do you prefer flavor over burn when it comes to Thai or Indian food?

GaashaHuzzah

Ehh... I like things hot, but not to the point where my acid reflux is firing phlegm out at a mile a minute. There's a fun visual for you.

Anyway, anywhere between 2 - 4, depending heavily on what the dish is itself.

EmeraldsAndLime

I was a little surprised when I was asked this when travelling in North America. Can't even remember what level... err, number I stuck with.

Down here we usually just go by the mild/medium/hot system. One curry place I know of you can ask for 'very hot' but the waitress usually advises against it unless you're Indian.

I had it once - blew my balls off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    [Up] here we usually just go by the mild/medium/hot system.
    I always go mild. I don't like things spicy. I find it more annoying than anything.

PS: I bite my lip, inside and out, to the point of it bleeding so if I try to eat spicy food it hurts... a lot.

Spearmint

I like medium, so about 2-3, but i don't really eat much indian or thai food, i like hotwings.

Uhm that's weird I've never rated my food on a scale from 1-5 but that's probably because I've never had Thai or Indian food. Almost all of my food though *will* have salsa on it, preferably and usually homemade. Most the time with habanero peppers. I lke my stuff hot.

3-5, depends on how much food I'm having. The smaller the portion the hotter. Spicy curries are delicious.

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten53 View Post
    3-5, depends on how much food I'm having. The smaller the portion the hotter. Spicy curries are delicious.
    I kinda agree with the smaller/hotter thing. If you're only gonna eat, say, one hot wing, why not make it super spicy, after all, it's only one. Also, it's no fun to eat lots of really spicy food at once.

Round 4. Oh man, just thinking about spicy food makes my mouth water.

Valence

Spicy food is freaking delicious, but eating too much when it is too spicy isn't very fun.
    Although given the choice I always get the spiciest available. Because I'm idiotic like that.