Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good news for Psychics and Tarot Readers

Default Good news for Psychics and Tarot Readers

Not that I call Cosmopolitain magazine the authority in news and entertainment, (and not that I read it as a rule, unless it's in the breakroom at work and I'm bored) but I saw a blurb about how psychics and tarot readers should be making more money in this economc crisis.

People who are uncertain about their futures go to these people for a little reassurance and entertainment.

As a tarot reader myself I only wish I lived in the hotspots for this, IE Salem, Mass, New Orleans, California, etc.

Butterfly Mage

Nobody at work lets me read the Tarot for them. The one time I gave it a shot, every reading came back predicting some form of woe. Then the doom came to pass for each of them. Egads.

Personally, I tend to chalk it up to coincidence, since I view Tarot as a harmless diversion.

I believe in what I do, but I always tell people that nothing I tell them is set in stone.

Quote Originally Posted by NateSean View Post
    I believe in what I do, but I always tell people that nothing I tell them is set in stone.
    Ah. Very nice. I had an uncle who ran shakedowns like that while he was backpacking across Canada. There's good money in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    Ah. Very nice. I had an uncle who ran shakedowns like that while he was backpacking across Canada. There's good money in it.
    Heh. Yeah, there's great money in shakedowns. It's how you can tell I was the real deal because plenty of people were impressed but they weren't paying me for it.

You know, dude, we've had a lot of crappy members on this site. You may just take the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex888 View Post
    Sorry if I'm rational and don't believe in the magickal Tarot cards. -rolls eyes-

No, your posts in general have been pretty craptastic. This is a support community, if you didn't notice, and if you don't want to participate positively you can, quite frankly, fuck off.
    There is a report post button and there are PMs. Keep the drama off the forum, please.

Chill: if you have a problem with his post talk to the mods or neg rep him.

Alex: Ever heard the old adage if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all?

On topic: I'd be interested in hearing my fortune read, but I would never pay for it. Interesting to learn too... hmm.

Butterfly Mage

I'm never charge for tarot readings since my ability to read the cards is pretty broketacular

Quote Originally Posted by Alex888 View Post
    Anyone who believes in the Tarot or in psychics should be waterboarded and deported.

*Someone gave me a reputation negative for being "mean-spirited and negative." Boo hoo hoo.

There are ways to respectfully disagree with someone.

Posts like this one have the potential to harm the warm nature of this forum and should be discouraged.

I'm not saying that you have to agree with everything here, but there are ways to disagree that are not inflammatory.

I have a little bit of ESP. My room mate at college could and did predict future events, including his mother and grandmother being in a fatal car accident. I've predicted 10 events in a row in one of my son's football games. It's something I can't turn on. It just happens, often when I'm tired.

If others don't believe, that is their choice, but they are not me, nor were they there when I found a hidden key in my land lord's garage to let myself into their house. I found it on the first try.

Since the universe is made of matter and energy, why is it not possible that things and events are connected in an infinite circle. Even Albert Einstein believed that . I guess the question arises, can you believe in things you have never experienced?

Mako

The problem with fortune tellers is that what they say is not set in stone. Those who believe or want to believe are subjected to confirmation bias. They look for signs that fullfill vague fortunes, and details that do not fit they rather consciously or subconsciously discard in favour for what supports it.

As stated already there is good money in it. Though I'm not quite content with it's practice. Just because someone would pay for something, doesn't mean the service should be provided.
    Perhaps I'm jealous I lack the talent to take advantage of peoples fanciful beliefs.