Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi from utah

Default hi from utah

first time poster long time wearer

has aybody had to wear because of there job?

Quote Originally Posted by dvate View Post
    has aybody had to wear because of there job?
    Um, what? I highly doubt it. No, I absolutely doubt it. Unless we have astronauts around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Um, what? I highly doubt it. No, I absolutely doubt it. Unless we have astronauts around here.
    I was actually watching the news not to long ago and this women was suing her company for the costs of diapers because she worked as one of those people that holds up signs when they are working on roads and they didn't provide there employees with bathrooms. I think she ended up winning. But still almost no one has to where diapers because of there job.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post

astronauts no longer are "required" to wear diapers. They've developed a toilet that uses suction to remove waste. FYI Don't know why I know that.

They still use them on spacewalks though, as I think bringing the toilet out there might be um... Problematic.

Not all astronauts do spacewalks. Some are just scientists that do experiments and see how zero gravity affects the results.

Ya, but I feel bad for those that would opt not to do the space walks. I imagine it's a very scary, and very freeing thing. Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    astronauts no longer are "required" to wear diapers. They've developed a toilet that uses suction to remove waste. FYI Don't know why I know that.
    Actually, I do know some astronauts (friends from church when I lived in Houston.) I never asked them about what they do for toileting, but I did see one of the famed "diapers" when at Johnson Space Center, and they told us that they all wear them during launch because the effects of the takeoff are so great that you pretty much can't "hold it".

Quote Originally Posted by closet dl View Post
    Actually, I do know some astronauts (friends from church when I lived in Houston.) I never asked them about what they do for toileting, but I did see one of the famed "diapers" when at Johnson Space Center, and they told us that they all wear them during launch because the effects of the takeoff are so great that you pretty much can't "hold it".
    Point and match. I guess you win this round. I learned something new today

We got really off-topic for a greeting/intro thread. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    We got really off-topic for a greeting/intro thread. lol
    We have a topic? I didn't see it! i knew I shouldn't have taken that left at Albuquerque.

Welcome to the site man, you'll get used to us ... maybe.