Thread: Mlg

Default Mlg

Anyone else here into MLG (Major League Gaming)?

I've been following for the past two years, I have watched every event live since I San Diego 08, Never been to an event, but have been a pretty big part of the community contributing mostly to the Gears of War section, but I'm also into Halo and a little MW2.

Quote Originally Posted by pastrami View Post
    BEASTCLEAVE RAWRGARLFRAGALRAGAGAGFA

is all I can say I've watched
    Based on a quick Google search I see your a WoW fan? that's cool, I could never get into the WoW stream because I couldn't follow it, but I do check up on it each event, and try to catch the finals match.

Quote Originally Posted by Needsaname View Post
    Anyone else here into MLG (Major League Gaming)?

I've been following for the past two years, I have watched every event live since I San Diego 08, Never been to an event, but have been a pretty big part of the community contributing mostly to the Gears of War section, but I'm also into Halo and a little MW2.
    Because Halo, Modern Warfare 2 and Gears of War are.. of course the best FPS games ever. <_>

with Halo and Gears of War, the problem is they are on a console. With Modern Warfare 2, the problem is lack of dedicated servers, so the host ALWAYS will have the advantage.

Its time for them to start solely using TF2 (PC), Left 4 Dead series and UT3/UT:2004 for MLG.

Them using Halo and Modern Warfare 2 is like the MLB using wiffle bats.

I only follow Quake3/SC(2)/WC3 and maybe CS and UT matches from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Because Halo, Modern Warfare 2 and Gears of War are.. of course the best FPS games ever. <_>

with Halo and Gears of War, the problem is they are on a console. With Modern Warfare 2, the problem is lack of dedicated servers, so the host ALWAYS will have the advantage.

Its time for them to start solely using TF2 (PC), Left 4 Dead series and UT3/UT:2004 for MLG.

Them using Halo and Modern Warfare 2 is like the MLB using wiffle bats.
    While I can generally (generally) agree that PC gaming on a competition level usually has a higher standard in skill and etc. It is easy to tell your statement is written with extreme bias towards PC gaming.

MLG's current season line up consists of Halo 3, Tekken 6, Super Smash bros brawl, MW2 which is only played for online tournaments due to LAN restrictions, and possibly a few more PC games which have yet to be announced (WoW is essentially 100%, and Quake live is currently a possibility). All of which are solid games that have huge competitive communities.

And seeing as MLG's fan base is primarily North American it makes sense that console shooters are predominant as Consoles are predominant over here.