Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Carolina

Default North Carolina

My fiance and I are planning on moving in a few years out of state. We live in MD, but dislike the congestion and crime. I long for a setting much like my original Ohio home, but we need there to be good jobs and good schools. I'm interested in NC because it would be slightly warmer and not too far from my fiance's parents.

Now for the question: What is your opinion of life in North Carolina, where abouts do you live and what is it like? General question, I know, but your feedback would be helpful.

Choose a rural less populated area. The pace of life is a bit slower and folks are friendlier. I would, and did, pick a town 40+ miles outside of a larger city for convenience and tax rates. I live outside of Charlotte and there are many great small towns that are still close to larger amenities, but the housing and taxes are a third of the cost.

I knew a few guys who lived in Cary and liked it.

As for me I would prefer Wake Forest.

I live in a rural area and the town I live [near? in? around?] has less stoplights than you can count on one hand. Crime is pretty damn low, however the job market is hurting right now.. but where isn't it? The nature is beautiful out here but watch out for the deer!

Khaymen, you wouldn't happen to be to the north of Charlotte, would you?

No, I live south of Charlotte.
    The closest town you may recognize to me is Gastonia.
    I usually drive about an hour to meet folks in the Charlotte/Concord area.
    Have you ever been to Concord Mills? It is a mile long mall that houses one of my favorite restaurants, a mini golf course, and a 24 screen movie theater.

Lived here for a couple of years now down in Onslow county area and the place left me wtih no favorable disposition. Needless to say, I'm looking foward to returning back to my native Michigan.

Spearmint

I've never been there, but the only things i've heard about it have been good.

Lived here for a couple of years now down in Onslow county area and the place left me wtih no favorable disposition. Needless to say, I'm looking foward to returning back to my native Michigan.
    Ah geeze. It's hard to take seriously the opinion of someone that favors Michigan.:no2: :yucky: :no2: