Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver

Default Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver

Post here if you got it!

Also post your friend code if you want to be added.

I would be 3266 7265 5174

Just out of curiosity, is this game worth getting? Like do the newer moves make the game better or worse?

I know that I felt a bit cheated when they gave Charmander "Metal Claw" and Brock was such a pushover. One of the reasons to start as a fire type was because the start is hard, but it gets easier near the end.

I got it. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Just out of curiosity, is this game worth getting? Like do the newer moves make the game better or worse?

I know that I felt a bit cheated when they gave Charmander "Metal Claw" and Brock was such a pushover. One of the reasons to start as a fire type was because the start is hard, but it gets easier near the end.
    It's not actually that many differences. I understand the frustration on the charmander thing, but I can tell you that at least cyndaquil is having nothing new about it except the lava plume attack. It's basically a weaker flamethrower with a higher burn rate.

I don't know if you've played diamond pearl or platinum, but the changes that happened between third and fourth generation just seem to make a lot of sense. Now all the attacks labeled punch are physical attacks for example. They used to be special. And also, hyper beam used to be a physical attack. We fixed that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post

I personally loved gold/silver to no end, knowing they would be made into 4th gen sealed the deal for me. A ton of huge waves of nostalgia while playing it There is now online battles, so that should extend the lifetime of the game by a great deal. The only thing I really don't like so far is the new music, but I heard that it's possible to change it all into the 8 bits once you beat the game. (warning - turn your sound down in goldenrod city if you liked the old music)

This is the Pokemon Remake I've been waiting for for YEARS. Johto is my absolute favorite region out of all of them. Mostly because of the fact that you could go between Kanto and Johto. I have 2 silver games and Crystal. I plan on getting this when I start making some income again. I'll share my friend code when I do so we can battle. :D

Also, what do you guys think of the PokeWalker?

Quote Originally Posted by InsertDisc View Post
    Also, what do you guys think of the PokeWalker?
    It's for teh lulz

Always worried I'm gonna lose it =/

Ha. I thought it was the coolest idea ever. They're trying to give Pokemon a more.... real-life approach, I guess you could say..

Heck, in a couple of years, Pokemon will be real. :D Then I can drop out of school to become a Pokemon master!

Hehe, the walker is really just a cool little gimmick to play with when the DS isn't portable enough

When pokemon do become real, I'm going to transfer to one of those pokemon schools where you endlessly memorize six status effects and own a level 10 abra that will constantly get steamrolled by every starting trainer!

Or using Teleport, the only move it knows, every time you battle someone. o:
    The attack was ineffective!

i downloaded it on my AK2i (DSi Flashcart) because it aint available in europe yet, (afaik)

it feels kinda like a blast from the past, but then repackaged, and retweaked,
    to gift that warm feeling of nostalgia that has appealed to so many gamers already <3

// edit :

i also must have my old GBC Cartridge of Silver laying around somewhere, though, its too bad it cant be used anymore on modern machines :/