Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS People?

Default Nintendo DS People?

I do not own a Nintendo DS and probably never plan to own one. I feel that kids today (coming from a 17 yr old) are just too obsessed with these machines and cannot appreciate the fun of life that we had in our childhoods without them (I never owned any form of Video Games before the age of at least 11). So, are there any Nintendo DS People here on ADISC? I won't judge you but I want to see a demographic here. Or give your two cents as to how they are rotting our children's brains?

I have one, but I haven't played it much lately. I've been playing other games (PC, PS2, PS games) When I was little, I liked video games, but I also spent plenty of time playing outside.

I have one, never play it. I think the games for the DS are geared towards a younger audience however, I did like Metroid Prime Hunters and Mario cart.
    I think that last game I played on it was The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. Which sucked imo.

I got not one of them... but two!

I got a DS "Phat" and a DS Lite. Today I just got Pokemon Soul Silver as well since I couldn't wait for someone to patch it's roms to work on the R4..

plus the pokewalker is sort of fun, but I am sure it will become just a novelty item.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I got not one of them... but two!

I got a DS "Phat" and a DS Lite. Today I just got Pokemon Soul Silver as well since I couldn't wait for someone to patch it's roms to work on the R4..

plus the pokewalker is sort of fun, but I am sure it will become just a novelty item.
    The ds lite felt way too small to properly use, so I never bought one.

I bought heartgold AND soulsilver as soon as my local gamestop was open

The DS has had some pretty good games, though it has not produced them as fast as the gba did. I find it as something to do when I'm away from my pc. I was never into outside stuff, though wrestling and lifting has still left me in much better shape than the average person my age.

No DS here. I did, however, get my first GameBoy (the phat grey one with a green screen) when I was eight. It was fun, but I was by no means obsessed. I got my fair share of running around outside and perhaps more than my fair share of making up crazy-fun (new adjective ), creative games.

As for them rotting kids brains... I'm afraid I haven't been around enough kids who play the DS to really comment. But it would be sad if all that crazy, free-form, no-rules fun that seems like a vital part of childhood went away in favor of sitting in front of a screen.

I originally bought one for the Brain Age series, but I eventually bought the pokemon games for it. Right after I started playing the pokemon games, my first one died, so I had to go out and buy another one to play my pokemon games. Last night, this one died on me the same way that the first one did (They were both original units as I don't like the DS Lite/DSi design). I used to play my GameBoys and all my games a lot more, but now I basically just play games casually.

I have a Nintendo DS. I don't play it that much. It's good to use on trips and in doctor offices and in restaurants. They're just good to use when you are waiting.

Have one, no idea where it is. I used to use it on trips and such but never got into it like some people (though few around here really get into). I prefer to use a console anyways... Though video games were low on the list of priorities once I got my liciense.