Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abu wtf

Default Abu wtf

Ok so i ordered from ABU 2 days ago and have got no email yet but they have billed my credit card.

http://i44.tinypic.com/v785nc.jpg

i just hope they are not going to rip me off i have ordered from them in the past. I plan on calling them first thing in the morning.

Peachy

Status "pending" would suggest they just prebooked that charged with your credit card company, as you entered your card details and they have to check if your card exists and is even valid. If you rent a card, they also prebook the security deposit (like $500) against your card. If you bring back the car without a scratch, the prebooking will be canceled or expired, and until the charge is confirmed, no money will leave your account. However, the prebooked amount is no longer available for spending elsewhere.

Peachy

it does that to my card too, it means the bank has yet to approve the transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Status "pending" would suggest they just prebooked that charged with your credit card company, as you entered your card details and they have to check if your card exists and is even valid. If you rent a card, they also prebook the security deposit (like $500) against your card. If you bring back the car without a scratch, the prebooking will be canceled or expired, and until the charge is confirmed, no money will leave your account. However, the prebooked amount is no longer available for spending elsewhere.

Peachy
    exactly wut Peachy said.

They also did the same to me. BUt the money wasnt actually taken out untill my stuff shipped.

Quick question.I thought the new US credit law made it where only 18 and older can use credit cards?

^It could be a bank debit card. I got mine when I was 17

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
    Quick question.I thought the new US credit law made it where only 18 and older can use credit cards?
    You should be able to get debit cards with the VISA or MasterCard logo on it at any reasonable age (maybe including with your parents' permission). VISA or MasterCArd are just payment systems, i.e. they move money between banks and merchants. The actual credit agreement is between your bank and you, but banks can also give out cards with just the VISA/MasterCard-logo but without a credit agreement (debit cards), or stores can sell prepaid cards with the VISA/MasterCard logo.

Peachy

The way my card is set up is it shows the money as it would be with out the pending transactions. I never even got a email from ABU

Peachy

If it's a VISA or MasterCard card, you can usually reverse the transaction on the grounds of it being a fraudulent charge a company took out of your account without sending you the merchandise. Surely, it states somewhere in the company's rules that payment is not taken until the order item ships, and if the diapers haven't been shipped yet, the company has no right to your money.
    I've reversed credit card charges to my card - one was due to being overcharged by a company I had ordered DVDs from, and 5 other transactions were fraudulent charges without my permission (they must have somehow gotten hold of my card data). A simple letter to my bank/card issuer did the trick.

Peachy

I ordered some samples from them last week, it took about a day before I received an order confirmation and shipping info...I think they're just slow. I recieved the tracking info and see that the package should arrive on Monday.

-Gus