Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever wish you were something that you weren't?

Default Ever wish you were something that you weren't?

What if you had one shot, one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted, one moment, would cash it?- Eminem. Lose Yourself- Curtain Call

I have been thinking about this a lot, what would you want to be if you had the choice to be, one shot, one chance to live a dream? For me, it would be to be a California Highway Patrol officer. I always wanted to be a CHiP. "CHiPs" was my favorite show when I was a kid.

One shot, one dream, what would you want to be if you had the chance... That's mine. I always wanted to ride the California freeways as CHP officer on either a BMW motorcycle or a Ford Crown Vic.

Does anyone else have a dream like that? One shot, one chance to blow. One dream...

WildThing121675

I've wanted to join the military since I was 17. I've tried to join at least four times that I vividly remember but i think the number is up to seven. The problem is that when I was 13 I was in a car wreck that I later found out folded my hip. It wasn't in my medical record and the only way I found out about it was an orthopedist's curiosity when I broke my hand after a close loss in a fistfight with a brick wall. I was honest about it and submitted it into record when I tried to enlist. Unfortunately, and even though I had no difficulty with it then, nor do I now, they labeled me an insurance risk.

If I had it to do over I would have omitted that fact and enlisted. One of my greatest regrets in life is not being allowed to try. I could accept it had I tried and failed, but to be denied the opportunity over and over by various ranks is intolerable.

Loopygone

Fighter Pilot. Simple really :P

Never had the determination to do it sadly...

I kind of wish I was born an American. You guys have so much oppurtunty down there and I don't see why more of you don't take advantage of it. America is like the leading cultural empire of the millenium. So many chances to get the life you want.

There's a reason most Canadian musicians and actors go south.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    I kind of wish I was born an American. You guys have so much oppurtunty down there and I don't see why more of you don't take advantage of it. America is like the leading cultural empire of the millenium. So many chances to get the life you want.

There's a reason most Canadian musicians and actors go south.
    Yeah you guys got the short end of the stick with a large portion of your country being inhabitable because of ice.

I had my shot and blew it, I didn't realize at the time what I was throwing away as I look back at it I could have been mildly famous with a whole lot more money, but I wasn't happy with the stress and the NO money to work my way up.

It was either do this or live my life making what I could to survive, if the job actually paid me money to survive I would have stayed with it.

Trans am series race car driver. I always thought I had the talent but my family never had the money to get me onto racing when I was young.

Butterfly Mage

If I could be a member of any career (and successful at it, of course), I'd probably be a fiction novelist. I love writing. I'm probably not really good enough at it to ever do it professionally (fortunately, I am good at the job I actually do).

Default I would be a...

Good thread topic!!! Right now I'm working on my BA in business admin w a major in finance. Next its my MBA. After my BA is finished I plan on going through a 4 year mentoring program that will get me liscensed to practice law in the state of washington...while doing that ill go for my MBA at the same time partime same school...

My dream has always been to be an fbi agent or a dea agent...I would settle to be a police officer in a local town...(I have a dv conviction from pulling a swiss army pocket knife on my brother when I was 13(27 now) which until I go to court and get my rights restored washington state and federal law prohibits me from owning a firearm...little hard to be a cop if you can't carry a gun)I also love politics so a us senator would be cool...

I think my dream is to write and produce a successful TV show. Or be Prime Minister. But I can realistically see only one of those in my future.