Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yaay computer in my room

Default Yaay computer in my room

Woop, Woop! my dad let me put the computer in my room so now i am able to come on here pretty much anytime i want and dont have to worry about annoying family members!

nice!!!! i have a computer in my room as well, but my dad randomly walks in....I'm just lucky he isn't nosy, otherwise he would of seen me on this site before *gasp*

ThatKid

lol for me it is still a risk being on here...and I have my own little house in the basement...all I am missing is a kitchen...but they still come down here to my living room and bother me.

Conglaturation! It's so nice to get the computer in your room the first time.

Yeah it was so hard to go on here when i was in the middle of the freaking living room! Constant tabbed browsing.

Monkey

Lucky sod, before I was able to afford my own computer (leaving my parents powerless.), they refused to let me have my own personal computer in my bedroom. Not that it ever stopped me from browsing TBDL, it's just nice for convenience sake.

Very Nice! I remember when I got the computer in my room for the first time, I was 15. Although that still wasn't safe, mom used to come in, and "clean" my computer out, which was her way of snooping through my documents, recycle bin, etc... Then I bought my own, but they still controlled the internet. Now I bought a laptop so I can face the door, that's nice because I can see who walks in the door, get wireless from others so they can't take the net away, and many other things! It's very nice!

xdeadx

Glad to hear! Have fun =D

You got one computer in your room? Pffttt.... Come back when you got 7.
    But on a more serious not. Yea congrats. I guess I was lucky. I first bought my own computer when I was 13. And it was in my room. But before that. Yeah, The stupid cover up window to hide your real activities. :P.

Just don't spend too much time on it. Not to alarm your parents that you are spending too much time on your computer instead of homework.

Guess I'm lucky for my parents not to snoop into my things on my computer. May be when I was younger. But now my knowledge of computers completely surpasses them. They can't really get into my things, then again I'm 18 and they said they would respect my privacy. I'm old enough not to do anything stupid.

So maybe try to brush up on your computer skills. But don't go into super PARANOIA mode and add a password at every possible point. Just don't look too suspeicous.

Also, when you leave your computer for a short moment. Use Win Key + L. IT basically locks the computer. So you need to 'log in' again, but all your web pages programs are still loaded in the background. This was for me mainly to stop My friends and brothers touching my computer. I hate it when they touch it, X(, Even on my 'Clean' computers.

Quote Originally Posted by UnMarth View Post
    You got one computer in your room? Pffttt.... Come back when you got 7.
    But on a more serious not. Yea congrats. I guess I was lucky. I first bought my own computer when I was 13. And it was in my room. But before that. Yeah, The stupid cover up window to hide your real activities. :P.

Just don't spend too much time on it. Not to alarm your parents that you are spending too much time on your computer instead of homework.

Guess I'm lucky for my parents not to snoop into my things on my computer. May be when I was younger. But now my knowledge of computers completely surpasses them. They can't really get into my things, then again I'm 18 and they said they would respect my privacy. I'm old enough not to do anything stupid.

So maybe try to brush up on your computer skills. But don't go into super PARANOIA mode and add a password at every possible point. Just don't look too suspeicous.

Also, when you leave your computer for a short moment. Use Win Key + L. IT basically locks the computer. So you need to 'log in' again, but all your web pages programs are still loaded in the background. This was for me mainly to stop My friends and brothers touching my computer. I hate it when they touch it, X(, Even on my 'Clean' computers.
    Or use control panel -> Display -> Screensaver, set to come on after 60 seconds and require a password to unlock...