Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you beleive in Reincarnation...

Default If you beleive in Reincarnation...

ramble of a back story:

i believe in reincarnation, while meditating i have seen scenes from my past life. and it makes me sad that since i lived in such simple, open minded, and selfless times that i have to live in the exact opposite now. but it is my duty to live it out, for the experience i guess. but i digress... the purpose of this thread is not to debate about if you believe in reincarnation or not. it is to discuss what you think you will be or want to be in your next life if you do believe in it.

if it is possible, when i die i want to be reincarnated as a black wolf in Celtic Ireland, before modernization was even a preconceived idea. i long for the simplicity and freedom that i saw in meditation.

Butterfly Mage

I wouldn't mind being reincarnated into a family where I am actually loved by my parents.

ButterflyMage: Some that buy into reincarnation believe that you actually choose your parents. If this was the case for me, I certainly got screwed. If this self determination type of reincarnation exists, I would hope that I might have better judgement the next go around.

George Carlin - Reincarnation, It's just doesn't seem logical to me. In the begining there were six souls - I don't say two, it's to contraversial. So they die, go back to the place = six souls. More people are born, six souls. This goes on and on and now there are six billion people - Someone is printing up Counterfeit Souls.

This leads me to the question if I was schizophrenic and had multiple personalities, would I come back as several people?

Butterfly Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Diapered Rabbit View Post
    This leads me to the question if I was schizophrenic and had multiple personalities, would I come back as several people?
    I have dissociative identity disorder, and I wonder about that every day.

I tend to think that the population has been increasing because there is the recycling of souls (reincarnation) *and* new souls are still being created. I suppose that the end-game will be the necessity of colonization of other worlds since the planet is going to fill up with people eventually.

I figure that maybe I was a friggin' jackass in a prior life to get the parents I had for this life.

I am a Catholic and personally I don't believe in reincarnation yet in every aspect of religion in me I hold doubt well in me and would ask that I must have been something special to enjoy the life I have now. If this is real, then I hope I can be a fox in my next life. Cute and fierce at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    I am a Catholic and personally I don't believe in reincarnation yet in every aspect of religion in me I hold doubt well in me and would ask that I must have been something special to enjoy the life I have now. If this is real, then I hope I can be a fox in my next life. Cute and fierce at the same time!
    i am a catholic too but i believe in reincarnation. imo god wants you to beleive in him, but in your own way that makes sense to you. the church and the bible didn't make sense to me but medieval religion did (tarot cards, reincarnation, ect)

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    I have dissociative identity disorder, and I wonder about that every day.

I tend to think that the population has been increasing because there is the recycling of souls (reincarnation) *and* new souls are still being created. I suppose that the end-game will be the necessity of colonization of other worlds since the planet is going to fill up with people eventually.
    i also think that when you stand before god and choose to be reincarnated, you choose , when, were, and what form, but have no knowledge of your past life. but since it is your soul you can discover scenes from your past lives through meditation.

Quote Originally Posted by Diapered Rabbit View Post
    George Carlin - Reincarnation, It's just doesn't seem logical to me. In the begining there were six souls - I don't say two, it's to contraversial. So they die, go back to the place = six souls. More people are born, six souls. This goes on and on and now there are six billion people - Someone is printing up Counterfeit Souls.
    Carlin was so awesome when it came to stuff like this.

Mako

I find the idea of reincarnation to be one of the silliest of the supernatural explanations for death. Diapered Rabbit already touched on it, but it runs on the premise only humans have souls. If that is the case then there is the obvious issue with the human population not being stagnant.

If everything has a soul, you have to establish what a soul actually is. Commonly it's attributed to peoples personality, and memory. But this supposes that it's seperate from the physical, which we've seen is undoubtedly untrue. When brain damage occurs we can see dramatic shifts in a persons behaviour and memory. So what is a soul?

And what has a soul? Does everything have a soul? Or everything living? Or everything in our branch of the animal kingdom. How about aomeba? They sure as hell don't have memory or personality.

It really doesn't make any sense in the any of the forms I've seen it presented in. Regardless of lack of proof, the very premise is flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    I find the idea of reincarnation to be one of the silliest of the supernatural explanations for death. Diapered Rabbit already touched on it, but it runs on the premise only humans have souls. If that is the case then there is the obvious issue with the human population not being stagnant.

If everything has a soul, you have to establish what a soul actually is. Commonly it's attributed to peoples personality, and memory. But this supposes that it's seperate from the physical, which we've seen is undoubtedly untrue. When brain damage occurs we can see dramatic shifts in a persons behaviour and memory. So what is a soul?

And what has a soul? Does everything have a soul? Or everything living? Or everything in our branch of the animal kingdom. How about aomeba? They sure as hell don't have memory or personality.

It really doesn't make any sense in the any of the forms I've seen it presented in. Regardless of lack of proof, the very premise is flawed.
    flawed maybe, but it is still a belief, therefore an opinion, therefore should be respected. and your premise is flawed by saying that it is an explanation for death. reincarnation is something that happens after death, not causes it.