Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The world's smallest "country"

Default The world's smallest "country"

Would you like to see the world's smallest country?

Here you are.

http://www.geocities.com/~freebornjohn/RADLON/sealand.jpg

I am not joking, this is a micronation. Population is about 27 people as of 2002, the area is 0.004 square kilometres and it's a WWII sea fort located about 6 miles (10 km) off the Suffolk coast in England.

It is however, not recognised as a sovereign state, probably because this house would fall off the edge of it.

More information about this astonishing "country" can be found here.

I might add the the only way you can get into this country is by a helicopter.

Tigger

That'd be awesome, to own your own country. I'd legalise everything and party 24/7, awesome shit!!

Darkfinn

Vatacin City is the world's smallest Sovereign State

Seems more of a micro-state than a micro-nation, although not a sovereign micro-state...

I heard about this somewhere... I think it's technically not a country because there's no real land. Also, an even smaller country than this is Danny Wallace's flat; he made it in TV series called How to Start Your own Country, and it's called the Kingdom of Lovely.

I know a micronation is not really a sovereign state in most cases, but then again, Vatican City wasn't recognised as a state by the U.N. either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    That'd be awesome, to own your own country. I'd legalise everything and party 24/7, awesome shit!!
    Same here!

What would happen if they got in a war with Vatican City? It'd be like, three minutes long, amirite??

Looking at that picture again, is there a scarecrow on the top of that thing or something?!