Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gave up on Microsoft(xbox), now what?

Angry Gave up on Microsoft(xbox), now what?

So today the fourth mic I've had in the past three months broke wile I was talking to some friends. I never did anything to it, it just stopped working. After resetting my xbox, taking the mic out and putting it back in, and unplugging my controller it still wont work. Having no job, I can't afford to pay $80 every three months on top of games and a gold membership, so I'm thinking about getting rid of my xbox altogether. I have a total of 28 games, two wireless controllers, one wired controller, and one guitar hero controller. That on top of the xbox it's self should get me a decent amount of cash. My question is what should I get after I sold it all? I was thinking the money would go towards a PS3 or a computer but I don't know which would be the better choice. Or if I should just sell the wireless controllers and a few games and buy a really good mic(like Turtle Beach or something). Any input on this would be appreciated.

I have a Turtle Beach Mic and they are awesome. I have the Ear Force X1 ones. Deffitinaly pick yourself up a pair. I also use mine on my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by DJHusky View Post
    I have a Turtle Beach Mic and they are awesome. I have the Ear Force X1 ones. Deffitinaly pick yourself up a pair. I also use mine on my pc.
    You said you were going to bed :P

On Topic: Mics are $80 there? My mic is $20 PLUS it came with the "chatpad" keyboard thing. I'm using the regular Xbox 360 mic, and it works fine for me. I don't see why you would need a specialized one.

ditch that x-box like a dirty diaper, nothing good can come from it. *boos x-box* i would say get a PS3, but you should check if it has any games you want play, plus it has blue ray. PC will always be awesome though. but that's just me.

PS3 has a horrible online community. Where xbox has one of the if not the largest online community.

Microsoft mics suck. Like DJHusky get a Turtle Beach Mic, they work great!

I would recommend keeping the 360, take better care of your mics (possibly get a different brand) and only Rent the PS3 to beat the few good and original games it has such as Heavy Rain.

Other then that PC gaming is pretty strong and is far from dying out. But before you ever get in that pool, find out the basics of computer.. such as how and why they work. (no that doesn't mean you have to code, or wear a pocket protector)

I have a PS3 and a gaming PC, and I have to say that the PS3 has some nice exclusive titles, but I don't really use it for online play; not because it's not good online, I just hate playing shooters with console controllers and having to put up with matchmaking. IMHO, PC is still the best online platform. It seems anytime I have occasion to use the 360 online, it ends up being 12 year olds being morons. You might be better off just springing for a decent headset though. As others have pointed out, the Turtle Beach ones are pretty good. (But if you really want a nice headset: Sennheiser USA - Closed Headset, gaming Headset, PC 350, Skype, VoIP - Private Audio you would need an adapter for the 360 and the price is almost the cost of a new 360, but Sennheiser makes good gear )

The wired Xbox 360 headset mics suck horribly. I've got half a dozen of the things, and they're all unreliable at best.

My wireless Xbox 360 headset, on the other hand, is brilliant. It occasionally disconnects from the console and takes a few seconds to reconnect, but I think that's because of the ludicrous amount of 2.4GHz EM pollution in this house (two 802.11g WiFi networks, plus 8+ in range from neighbours; two different cordless phones; three Xbox 360s, thus 10+ wireless controllers that could potentially be in use; etc.). But apart from the occasional disconnecting, it's been very reliable, and much more convenient than the wired ones. You just have to remember to charge it (the battery lasts around eight hours, IIRC).

I don't know what you guys are talking about I have had 2 wired mics in the past 3 years of having my Xbox and they only broke because i threw it...

Quote Originally Posted by Yarfiggle View Post
    I don't know what you guys are talking about I have had 2 wired mics in the past 3 years of having my Xbox and they only broke because i threw it...
    Did the plug look like this
    http://www.lee262online.hk/img/Product/videogame/Microsoft/Xbox/A_XboxHandsfreeMicrophone04_b.jpg

or this
    http://assets.gearlive.com/blogimages/gallery/unboxing-messenger-kit/015-xbox-messenger-kit-unboxing_medium.JPG