Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it right....?

Exclamation Is it right....?

To get annoyed by naive people? I don't know. Maybe it's just that I have a low tolerance for people being oblivious around me... But, for example, my brother is like 6 and he already is FIXATED on wanting to go to the military because He's been watching the military channel and playing my Call of Duty. [No idea..Just like..Yeah] But it pisses me off when people are always like that, cause I've met OLDER people that are like that too.. Like, "I wanna go into the army so I can shoot guns cause shooting guns are fun!"
    "No!"
    Maybe I'm being a bit too left wing... but I'm just saying, like does naivety not annoy you?

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAwesome View Post
    To get annoyed by naive people? I don't know. Maybe it's just that I have a low tolerance for people being oblivious around me... But, for example, my brother is like 6 and he already is FIXATED on wanting to go to the military because He's been watching the military channel and playing my Call of Duty. [No idea..Just like..Yeah] But it pisses me off when people are always like that, cause I've met OLDER people that are like that too.. Like, "I wanna go into the army so I can shoot guns cause shooting guns are fun!"
    "No!"
    Maybe I'm being a bit too left wing... but I'm just saying, like does naivety not annoy you?
    Yeah, it really annoys me too. I love video games, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, ect. and im also a gun nut, but i would NEVER want to be in the military. I don't want to be shot at, and i don't want my life to be in danger, nor do i want to deal with all the other stresses that come with being a soldier. Watching movies/tv shows and playing video games is one thing, but real violence is another thing entirely. The only thing that annoys me more, is when people say "the troops are fighting for our freedom overseas!" Lets face it, we have nothing to fear from the Taliban, and the war over there does not influence our freedom here in any way. The only reason i can see for us being over there is helping the government of the other foreign countries, and I feel it really only applies to pakistan, because that is the only country that i have heard that we are helping for diplomatic reasons, and not "our freedom".

Agreed. I just disslike the people who are like " Yea i can do this and that." when they realy don't know how. So I totaly agree with ya. I mostly think its sad when people say its fun to kill. That is something no matter how many games i play, i will ever say.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAwesome View Post
    "No!"
    Naive? No. It's not productive to be annoyed by these people. All you can do is explain, model, and give them information to bring them out of rudeness.

Now, if they are willfully ignorant, that's quite another thing.

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    Now, if they are willfully ignorant, that's quite another thing.
    Indeed, this irritates me more than almost anything. It just bugs me when others do not stop to think about what they are thinking, and making up their mind on something quickly and refusing to accept anything else if it doesn't agree with them.

With age you will realize that there is a LOT that you are naive about and you will become (or should become) less cynical.

IS this an anti military rant or a rant at anyone who is naive in your opinion of what they believe they want to do with their lives?

IS it right to be disdainful of people because they are different?

Well I am currently in the Army and I would just like to say, that yes there are some people out there like that. They join but we have this thing called basic training to root out the weak and the fakers.. Then if that wasn't enough we have a second school we send you to called AIT. Your job school. If you can't hack it there and fail, you fall into "the needs of the army". You never want to fall into the needs of the army. Hello, cooking school.

As for your brother Alexawesome, it is just a phase. He will grow out of it. When he is seven he will want to be a doctor or a cop that he sees off TV. Kids always want to be what they see off TV or video games. Now as for bashing the military.

The war over there is mostly legit. I would like to see you having to go everywhere worrying is this place just going to explode because of a suicide bomber. These guys will just kill innocents. They could care less if it's women, children, Americans, their own Taliben.

As for me being in the army. I don't want to kill people, I don't want to be shoot at but it's all part of the job. I choose to do that. I'm sure as hell scared out of mind but I'll get over that quickly when that bullet zings past my head and I'm sure as hell going to return that bullet to it sender. Just more accurately.

Olivia

I want to join the Air Force but not because of Tv or Gaming.

But he's like 6 probably doesn't remember much give it time and he wont think like that anymore.

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by steel View Post
    Well I am currently in the Army and I would just like to say, that yes there are some people out there like that. They join but we have this thing called basic training to root out the weak and the fakers.. Then if that wasn't enough we have a second school we send you to called AIT. Your job school. If you can't hack it there and fail, you fall into "the needs of the army". You never want to fall into the needs of the army. Hello, cooking school.

As for your brother Alexawesome, it is just a phase. He will grow out of it. When he is seven he will want to be a doctor or a cop that he sees off TV. Kids always want to be what they see off TV or video games. Now as for bashing the military.

The war over there is mostly legit. I would like to see you having to go everywhere worrying is this place just going to explode because of a suicide bomber. These guys will just kill innocents. They could care less if it's women, children, Americans, their own Taliben.

As for me being in the army. I don't want to kill people, I don't want to be shoot at but it's all part of the job. I choose to do that. I'm sure as hell scared out of mind but I'll get over that quickly when that bullet zings past my head and I'm sure as hell going to return that bullet to it sender. Just more accurately.
    I still don't think the war is justified. If I decided to go on a plane and blow myself up, or bomb a school, would there be a war? no, it would just be an act of terrorism. It doesn't matter who does the act, it matters that the act is committed, so instead of wasting resources trying to destroy "the root of the problem" we should instead use the resources to prevent the problem, with better security, ect.