Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HDIS Mixup?

BabyJessie

Default HDIS Mixup?

Hey fellow *B/DL mates,

I know, I know, I should make an introduction post however, I have been on this forum for quite some time, I just never have the time to post anything. And due to that, I'm quite sorry, I only have a limited amount of time atm, so here it goes...

I decided I was going to order a sample from HDIS, and yes, I know their diapers aren't top quality, and they just rip when you try and put the tapes on, however... today, when I got home from work, I found a large cardboard box on my porch, I read the label and it said HDIS on it, and I thought to myself... "Gosh.. I only ordered one sample.." oh, and it wasnt a sample pack, it was just a requested catalog sample.

The label said the box was roughly 14 lbs. So I brought it inside, and opened it up, and much to my amazement, the catalog, the samples, an orderform or 2, and an entire case of Reassure Briefs, yep, that's right, 96 Reassure Briefs (M).

Has anyone else experienced this from HDIS? It had a reciept inside it, and it showed the case on it, and it had the price and all, but I didn't order it, and my Credit Card bill doesn't have any odd transactions, such as a $79.99 charge or anything near that. I was wondering if I should call them or not. What do you guys think? I know you all give excellent advice, so I hope you can help me with this as well.

If someone sends you something in the mail that you did not order it is yours to keep, you orderd 1 thing and they sent you something totaly different.

Keep it and smile while your useing a case of free diapers, and don't say anything to them, it's there mistake not yours, in other words they loose you win. Congratulations

they make screws all the time I ordered a 6 pack of ointment and they sent me 12 and a sample pack of diapers all i paid for was 6 tubes of ointment so I take it as free bees

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    If someone sends you something in the mail that you did not order it is yours to keep, you orderd 1 thing and they sent you something totaly different.

Keep it and smile while your useing a case of free diapers, and don't say anything to them, it's there mistake not yours, in other words they loose you win. Congratulations
    This, my good sir, is what one calls a "lack of integrity".

What if it were you that had accidentally sent the wrong thing to someone? Say your watch fell into the box and it was worth a lot of money. Would you not want the person to send it back? It's easy to just accept them and move on with your life, but in my opinion you should at least call them and clarify the mix-up. Tell them you are not willing o pay for it, because you didn't order them, and it is up to them if they want them back. That means they pay for shipping and all that jazz. They may decide it is too much work to take them back. I'm pretty sure they aren't allowed to resell them, so they may just say "go ahead, keep them", though don't count on that.

It may be a lack of integrity to you but that is how the world works, if you get something for nothing take it.

Olivia

Call don't listen to ballucanb you're robbing someone of there diapers they paid for.

I would email them stating that the incorrect thing was shipped to you and if they will provide you with a prepaid shipping label you will drop it in the mail to them. If they don't provide you the label then I think you can safely keep it with no worries.

Legally you don't even have to do that, but I would for my good conscious.

I have has a few similar deliveries over the years. Have always notified the company, and have always been thanked for letting them know, but been told to keep the items.

You can do the right thing and often come out ahead anyway

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    This, my good sir, is what one calls a "lack of integrity".

What if it were you that had accidentally sent the wrong thing to someone? Say your watch fell into the box and it was worth a lot of money. Would you not want the person to send it back? It's easy to just accept them and move on with your life, but in my opinion you should at least call them and clarify the mix-up. Tell them you are not willing o pay for it, because you didn't order them, and it is up to them if they want them back. That means they pay for shipping and all that jazz. They may decide it is too much work to take them back. I'm pretty sure they aren't allowed to resell them, so they may just say "go ahead, keep them", though don't count on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Call don't listen to ballucanb you're robbing someone of there diapers they paid for.
    I don't think it would be stealing or "lack of integrity." It was a company that sent the diapers, not an individual, which means the company will have to still fulfill the intended receiver's order, meaning that you get diapers, and they get diapers, and the company learns (or not) from their mistake.

I would call the company up and see what they want you to do. If theyjust say keep the diapers, then keep the diapers. You might get something out of the whole ordeal.