Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two hour standoff with cops ends in arrest of dangerous criminal

Default Two hour standoff with cops ends in arrest of dangerous criminal

Greensburg Daily News, Greensburg, IN - Citizen’s Tip Breaks Up The Party, Five Arrested

Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-in-Cheek Article
    Another tip from a watchful citizen early Tuesday morning brought the Greensburg Police Department closer to exterminating the drug problem in the city.

Adam Benjamin Blair, 27, 936 E. Colonial Manor Apt. 408, Greensburg, was arrested on charges of marijuana possession

According to Greensburg Police Chief Brian Heaton, a tip about possible drug use at 936 E. Colonial Manor Drive, specifically the apartment of Adam Blair, was received by dispatch at 11:44 p.m. Monday night. The caller advised that there was suspicious activity, strange noises and unusual odors coming from the apartment. When GPD officers arrived, the strange smell was identified as “burnt marijuana,” Chief Heaton reported.

After identifying the apartment that was emitting the odors, the GPD attempted to make contact. But inside the apartment, no one answered.

Working quickly to establish probable cause, the officers sought to obtain a search warrant from the office of the Decatur County Prosecutor.

In the interim period before the warrant was granted, the GPD kept a secure perimeter around the residence, making sure that no one went in or out of the apartment, Chief Heaton explained.

“It definitely tied up our units (for about two hours),” Heaton said.

The Police Chief stressed again the importance of community involvement in a case such as this. Without the tip from the public, the alleged marijuana den might not have been uncovered and busted.
    I for one am glad we got this punk off the street. That's taxes well spent, people. There's only two other potheads in Indiana - as soon as we arrest them the War on Drugs will be over.
    Last edited by Chillhouse; 05-Mar-2010 at 16:41.

Man I hate anti-cannabis crusaders. Seriously people the guy wasn't even dealing ffs. This shit is why I'm glad I live in a country which hasn't really discovered apartments.

Enough room for privacy without busy bodies prying into your business. This is also why I don't like public hotlines. They encourage people to be nosy. Mind your own fucking business I say.

I seriously think that the only criminals that bother me less that pot dealers are prostitutes. Kinda a wast of time for the police, IMHO.

So 5 guys get baked and play xbox. Neighbours complain about the noise. Cops show up, smell pot, and this results in a 2 hour standoff?!? I would LOVE to see how much money was spent getting this dangerous felon of the streets of Greensburg, Indiana.

Spearmint

Seriously, this seems retarded. I don't do drugs, never have, and i don't like drugs, but i think it's ridiculous that there is this "war on drugs" with marijuana, when cigarettes are worse, and still legal.

I skimmed the article, completely skipped what the arrest was for and had to re-read the article to understand the sarcasm. Witty for Chilly, flop for the cop. They totally need to put their efforts into something better than maruhjuhwanna

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    I skimmed the article, completely skipped what the arrest was for and had to re-read the article to understand the sarcasm. Witty for Chilly, flop for the cop. They totally need to put their efforts into something better than maruhjuhwanna
    Ouch, I actually didn't pick up on the sarcasm Now that you mention it its so obvious, too. Oh well, we all have our off days, eh?

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Ouch, I actually didn't pick up on the sarcasm Now that you mention it its so obvious, too. Oh well, we all have our off days, eh?
    Yeah, i didn't read the article either, and i failed at reading the sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    The article just drips in sarcasm.
    Maybe it's only people in the GTA that understand this stuff...