Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: You Are As Old As You Think You Are

  1. #1

    Default You Are As Old As You Think You Are

    Finally, good news AND something I excel at!
    You are as old as you feel - Scotsman.com News
    Some sociological study said this to be true so I'll believe it :P
    Oh and I'm 4.... mentally.

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Default

    I think one reason why I haven't aged as many my age, is because I refuse to do so. I stay very active, and I absolutely refuse to give in. This summer I'll be out on the bike trail tearing it up at 35 mph. I'm usually funny in public situations, if not down right silly. Today I had the librarian and another teacher laughing to the point of tears quoting lines from the movie,"Sixteen Candles". Until I die I will be "Forever Young".

  4. #4

    Default

    Interesting article. I would like to say 'guess I'll see how true it is when I get older,' but... I'm kind of a conundrum. In some ways, I feel quite old, but in others, I feel very young (I also think I'm not the only one who feels this way).

    For me, personally... nothing like withdrawing from life to make you feel old. And nothing like imagination and an inquisitive mind to make you feel young.

  5. #5

    Default

    I keep telling you guys your only as old as you want to be, I may look my age but I sure as hell don't feel it.

    I still feel the same way I did when I was 19, with the exception of my injured leg, when I got hurt I made it a point to not let it get me down, it does impare my walking, but I can keep up with most people less than half my age and younger.

  6. #6

    Default

    This is interesting because I almost feel like it's cyclical. I'm 26, but I think I look like I'm 16...and people have told me that. But I also live very similarly to how I did as a teenager. So when I look in the mirror and feel like I look the same as I did then, it makes me feel even more comfortable living like I was then too.

    So it's interesting that if this is true, it almost just goes around in a circle, since me feeling that way would make me look younger, too.

  7. #7
    Butterfly Mage

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I think one reason why I haven't aged as many my age, is because I refuse to do so. I stay very active, and I absolutely refuse to give in. This summer I'll be out on the bike trail tearing it up at 35 mph. I'm usually funny in public situations, if not down right silly. Today I had the librarian and another teacher laughing to the point of tears quoting lines from the movie,"Sixteen Candles". Until I die I will be "Forever Young".
    Ditto. I tend to view my "true" age as 12 years less than my physical age. As a side effect, I am healthier and more physically active than my coworkers and friends who are approximately my physical age.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by teddy564339 View Post
    This is interesting because I almost feel like it's cyclical. I'm 26, but I think I look like I'm 16...and people have told me that. But I also live very similarly to how I did as a teenager. So when I look in the mirror and feel like I look the same as I did then, it makes me feel even more comfortable living like I was then too.

    So it's interesting that if this is true, it almost just goes around in a circle, since me feeling that way would make me look younger, too.

    I just started going to bars when I was your age, I never had any ID with me, up untill I was in my late 30's I got asked to leave because I looked too young.

    It does all catch up with you later in life, but stay fit and take good care of yourself and you won't feel age like others around you.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    I just started going to bars when I was your age, I never had any ID with me, up untill I was in my late 30's I got asked to leave because I looked too young.

    It does all catch up with you later in life, but stay fit and take good care of yourself and you won't feel age like others around you.
    I don't know if this was part of your point or not...but I just want to clarify that when I said "living like I was then", I wasn't referring to drinking, going to bars, or partying, since I've never done any of that. :p I was referring to goofing around with friends, playing video games, being a dork and living like a kid. :p

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.