Thread: diagnosis (Kind of)

Default diagnosis (Kind of)

Went to Dr on Monday and he told us that I have a combination of things. He said that due to my sleep apena I am sleeping so deep that my body is voiding urine without conscious thought. In that I don't wake up to go. He said that that is causing my body to "UN-potty train" itself, combined with that my body produces more urine than most and this is causing my issues. He gave me samples of VESIcare to try for a month, then I go back and see him. It is not much but at least I know something now. Anyone have anything similar and if so has it improved.
    Thanks,
    John

BabyJohn,
    I have sleep apnea and I didn't have problems with wetting until I started using the CPAP and sleeping pills. Untreated Sleep Apnea keeps a person from deep sleep. For me once I started getting deep sleep, I would wet and then when I did wake in time, I couldn't get back to sleep so wearing and using diapers at night finally allowed me to get the sleep I needed.

Doctors will try all kinds of pills. If you read the incontinence boards you will find most people don't like the side effects and feel that the quality of life they want to live isn't worth it. So adult diapers allows many of us the quality of life that we want with out side effects to our bodies other than having to change our underwear more often, lol.

You will find everyone is different and what works for one may not work for another. My Urologist have finally came to the point that I am one of those that normal treatment and even Botox doesn't help. So they are finally accepting that the only way for me is to wear diapers and keep living a productive life.

Keep your chin up. Changing a wet diaper is easier than wet pants.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJohn View Post
    Went to Dr on Monday and he told us that I have a combination of things. He said that due to my sleep apena I am sleeping so deep that my body is voiding urine without conscious thought. In that I don't wake up to go. He said that that is causing my body to "UN-potty train" itself, combined with that my body produces more urine than most and this is causing my issues. He gave me samples of VESIcare to try for a month, then I go back and see him. It is not much but at least I know something now. Anyone have anything similar and if so has it improved.
    Thanks,
    John
    You have larger issues than (I'm guessing) wetting the bed.

Sleep apnea can kill you. At the least, it puts temendous strain on the body. How is this going to be addressed? Weight loss (if you have over a 17" neck, this is advised)? Surgery? CPAP mask? I'm curious, as I have been told that I demonstrate signs of sleep apnea (haven't been diagnosed, but my wife said that I'll stop breathing for long periods, then suddenly do the snort-gasp-roll thing).

When I did my sleep study, they told me I stopped breathing 89 times an hour and I have been using a CPAP machine for the last 3 years. I got a consult for the surgery and was told with the severity of my condition, the risks outweighed the benifits. (I could lend up with a hole in the back of my throat that would never heal and everyitng I ate or drank anything it would come out my nose and there was only a 10% chance it would helpo me so I decided against it).
    Stay dry,
    John

i always heard that an apnea caused you to void....

been a hose head for about 4 years now, never wet in my sleep

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJohn View Post
    When I did my sleep study, they told me I stopped breathing 89 times an hour and I have been using a CPAP machine for the last 3 years. I got a consult for the surgery and was told with the severity of my condition, the risks outweighed the benifits. (I could lend up with a hole in the back of my throat that would never heal and everyitng I ate or drank anything it would come out my nose and there was only a 10% chance it would helpo me so I decided against it).
    Stay dry,
    John
    Hell.

There is nothing more. Other than ... hell.

Sorry to hear these results.