Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Could there be a connection to all this?

Default Could there be a connection to all this?

I have noticed in the AB/DL community, lot of us have a form of autism or ADHD, emotional problems, other learning disabilities, suffered child abuse, etc.

It started to make me think could there be a connection to all this for our fetish?

It seems like lot of aspies have this so it started to make me think could there be some connection between AS and this fetish? What about child abuse and this? What about other disabilities and this? Or is it all a big coincidence you think?

Not everyone is going to develop this fetish because sometimes people get it for no reason. Not all people who suffered child abuse are going to develop this fetish and not all aspies develop it either. Same goes for people who have other problems.
    Last edited by Calico; 04-Mar-2010 at 06:11.

Ah, I'm going to say that, yes, there is some sort of connection between Child Abuse, Autism, emotional problems, etc and AB/DL. People with these types of problems often want to go back to a time in their lives when they didn't have to worry about these things, which sometimes means the time when they were a baby. I think that it's more common than we think it is, really, because nobody really wants to admit it.

But, like you said, not everybody develops this. I was abused as a child, and, strangely enough, I grew up to be a mother figure to everybody around me. And, there are some people who don't know why they're AB/DLs. They don't have any history of child abuse, autism, or any other psychological/emotional problem. I, personally, believe that some things were just meant to be, and that there isn't a psychological reason behind everything.

Quote Originally Posted by NeiNei View Post
    People with these types of problems often want to go back to a time in their lives when they didn't have to worry about these things, which sometimes means the time when they were a baby.
    I link it directly to my childhood upbringing. I grew up in a sometimes violent home and had to be very grown up early on to stand up for myself. Then occasionly I would hide and regress. Luckly my mum finally got rid of the guy but my feelings carried on as I only felt truely safe when diapered.
    Id guess that a majority of people can link their ABism to something bad in their childhood but its only a guess from what ive read before too. I certainly think its a big factor for a lot of people.

I know that i'm not normal, but I don't have a name for it. Even if I wasn't an AB I wouldn't be a 'regular' person whatever that is. I have mild OCD, some form of anxiety disorder, a bit of hypochondria, i'm sometimes socially awkward and i'm gay.

I have a slight suspicion that I either have Aspergers or was abused as a young child. However i'm hesitant about blaming my inadequacies on some perceived disorder or imagined past incident.

It started to make me think could there be a connection to all this for our fetish?
    Does there exist a connection in specific cases? I say yes. I think the mapping of one's brain associated with certain triggers in life cause infantilism. I continuously recount a few of the damaging/stuck in my head forever moments of childhood that emitted certain emotions that are central to infantilism...comfort,helplessness. In some ways I believe it to be a complex at least for me.

Now the unfortunate realisation is that this is in no way unique to our little world. This is how I believe the mind to be structured. When someone dies it can affect you in a way you won't forget, that time you were scarred for your life, etc. All of this events can be triggers. The same question you posed is this exact question: can x event cause depression in person y. And the answer is, of course it can!

It seems like lot of aspies have this so it started to make me think could there be some connection between AS and this fetish? What about child abuse and this? What about other disabilities and this? Or is it all a big coincidence you think?
    I do not know enough about autism to definitively say much. On it's basis, the brain is being used in a way that is much different than non-autistics are. Considering that a good number of people are autistic (being told 1 in 200 on commercials all the time), there doesn't necessarily need to be a correlation either.

But as I glomp together the rest of this question, it may say something about autism as well. As I mentioned before that I had moments in my childhood, what happens when you have the life-altering, death of a close relative kind of significant event. It could also be child abuse as I consider that a sigificant event as well. These memories I feel can haunt people through the rest of their lives.

That is where I believe not necessarily the idea of fetish but moreso regression could almost be required at times so someone can mentally repair themselves. Could it actually be a mechanism inherent in people to begin with? Possibly. Since your question encompasses a good deal of different situations, I'd have to say any of these situations can cause problems later.

That is not to say it means there is a greater probability that having any of these situations would more likely predispose you of just turning AB. I think you have to be exposed to certain factors that in effect stunt your mental growth or have serious roadblocks put in the way. Of course you can't really go back but to some, AB offers levels of symbolism (the actual objects that associate with childhood) and the proper emotions they want to feel (comfort, innocence, stability/assurance, etc.) and links them in the "proper" way as opposed to something abusive or otherwise.

Well in my case, I'm the fulfillment of an ancient prophesy about the 'Wetter in the bed', also sometimes referred to as 'He who must be diapered' so really, in my case, it was destiny.

In my case i believe it was linked to the environment i was raised in, in conjunction with family, close family, and home life. i see no reason why any normal person such as myself would have not been tuned into this sort of lifestyle/interests relating from the list of experiences i have acquired from an early age.

The link to aspies, mental disorders, emotional problems, and learning disabilities i believe all share one simple correlation which is, in most of those cases you find individuals who feel they are inherently different then other people in their given societies and because of such they feel less normal in-terms of prospective relationships they would adhere to, whether from an early age or a later on. Thus would lead to the said individual to desire a more personal connection in some form of self expression or reciprocated action, which is where diapers come in. it can make up a lot of missing pieces to someone by being something that is a very intimate and personal experience that they can carry out autonomously or even with someone who is very close to them in one way or another.

Another main part of the connection i believe lies in the simplicity of it, being involved in infantilist is generally something to be viewed as baby-ish, and baby-ish ideas conjure up thoughts of in-ability, un-ableness, and help-lessness. these feelings when self produced through infantilist means can generally desensitize an individual to the previous feelings and emotions they have had which were pretty similar albeit due to natural causes rather then something they choose to participate in, this i believe is a very comforting notion and can help one to deal with personal issues and promote a healthier development.

I think the disorders refered to make up less of the connection while how the disorder affects you growing up.....really creates the connection....some peoples childhoods are affected greatly by disorders like adhd and autism while others its a minor inconveince...as kids grow up they learn different coping mechanisms and ways to comfort and feel better some form odd attachments...

I have adhd neurological issues learning disabilities countless medical problems since birth and from birth till age 1 I endured 7 surgeries to correct defects...I grew up having to wear diapers for severe urinary and fecal incontinence and it has never gotten better...my growing up in foster care (was teased horribly) and all the above are all in my mind directly related to my ab side but I also support the idea that people who are ab/dl are hardwired from birth and certain life situations eventually bring on the ab/dl feelings....that is my take....

Every one is different...I grew up being called a "baby" "mr. Poopy pants" and other names and was constantly humiliated and teased by foster parents and kids growing up....you can say I developed a complex at a young age...it didn't help that at night I openly slept w a teddy a thumb in my mouth and cried a lot...then because of skin sensitivity issues(neuro disorder) I slept naked a lot so my diapers were always in plain view...to this day most nights I still sleep naked and wear a lot of tight clothing during the day...

Olivia

Quite possibly though at the same time possibly not I mean for me it is quite possible as I am Dysgraphic and have ADHD but who knows?

That is exactly what i meant, it is a coping method for some people with those listed disorders but not for all. Some people have had vastly different experiences with the same issues but for a great deal of those people, they chose to deal with it in this manner rather from one reason or another.